Artwork from Carroll Spinney

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Caroll very patiently answered my questions. It did take a few months to get a reply, but that's understandable. I'd say give it a shot!

Rymoore21

Reaction score
Yeah, Caroll is a huge supporter of puppeteers, especially if you belong to a guild or Puppeteers of America. I have never asked him for anything. He takes it upon himself to spend the time to do a doodle (or more) to send. He recognizes that he was once one of us and relates to us. Mainly, he is still just a regular guy who appreciates each and every piece of fan mail he receives. Give it a shot. Just don't be one of those creepy, obsessed fans lol.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Fran Brill is the same way. I met her twice, the first time she asked "You're not one of those ToughPigs people, are you?" When I assured her I wasn't, she relaxed enough and was happy to answer questions, pose for pictures, etc.
One question Muppeteers tend to cringe at (and I wouldn't dare to ask) is "How can I get a job on Sesame Street?" Someone asked Fran this once, and she tried her best to answer (probably for the millionth time) that even for her, nowadays Sesame Street is a part-part-part-part time job. Maybe now after the whole Kevin Clash debacle, this is a very touchy subject.
Still she was very encouraging, supportive, and enthusiastic about meeting with fans. And a lot of Muppeteers will bend over backwards for you, as long as they don't feel like you're invading their space. Totally understandable.

theSHE124

Reaction score
I send emails to Heather Henson from time to time. I only got one reply so far, but it encourages me. She knows what I'm doing ever since I met her at the 30th anniversary for the Center of Puppetry Arts...:dreamy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I knew the guys at ToughPigs were a little... out there, but I had no idea they were THAT bad... ><

Admittedly, whenever they talk about how performing on SST is only a "part-time job", that almost sounds really discouraging, because that pretty much means you HAVE to work somewhere else the rest of the time... I remember Caroll telling a story about when he met Clarence "Ducky" Nash, and how surprised he was to learn that even voicing Donald Duck was only "part-time", and the rest of the time, he made his living by being a mailman.

But what about people who are actually involved with the company in positions like, say, Jim, Frank, Don, and Kermit? Surely THEY weren't part-time, were they?