As if Bill S.978 and SOPA Weren't Bad Enough...

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER BEING IN THIS STATE ANYMORE!! The Senate JUST NEEDS TO STOP!!!, Really It Does!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The government seems to RULLY hate the internet.

The good thing is that nothing seems to become of these ridiculous bills... nothing happened with S.978, or SOPA, so more than likely, nothing will become of this bill...

Still, it seems to me that they would have better things to do with the country than basically try to take the internet away from us.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to have to say, this is a bad solution, but a good idea in the long run.

Why?

This could theoretically bring about the end of the worst thing in the internet, Trolling.

Trolling is seriously killing the internet. Essentially, someone could come on to this site, bully everyone just for the lulz and lols, and no matter how many accounts you can ban, they can come back on a friends computer and start harassing everyone all over again. Having been trolled into almost ending my DA account (essentially something bad happening when I needed it the least), I'd love to see something that punishes those fat little 13 year olds who are the biggest losers in the history of history.

But this isn't the right way. SOPA and PIPA were because the entertainment industry wanted a boogieman/scapegoat for their mismanagement that cost them money. This is to end cyberbullies and trolls and make the internet a friendlier place. Just the wrong way to go about it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Guess I'm quitting the internet then.

RIP SARGE
2006~2012

But really, this is just the wrong way to go about things.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The ghost at the reception desk to the afterlife has informed me that in order to have a reception under these new laws, I need to provide them with proof of blood type, saliva sample, fingerprints, shoe size, and how many times a day I use the bathroom.

Boy, they really are trying to do away with anonymity. Why not just put a camera in the bathroom?