Asi Calor

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I was watching SS with my daughter this morning and they did the Muppet version of Asi Calor (It's Hot) (I hope I spelled that right). While watching this I was thinking that they should do a winter version of this called Asi Frio. Unfortuantely I know very little Spanish so I can't suggest any lines and my songwriting skills are even worse than my Spanish, so if there are any Latinos/Latinas out there who can help. I'd appreciate it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure... If you need my help, just LMK.
A tip though... The song's title is "Hace Calor" or "It Sure Is Hot!"
The word "hace" is a sort of loose translation for "it's (insert temperature term)".
The word "así" means "This (or) that way".
Hope this helps.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I was going to write a thread about this, and I haven't seen this skit for ages! I like how that lady AM muppet looks at the camera and goes to the right a few seconds after the song ends! I thought that was funny! She was probably wondering what those AM muppets were going or something like that! :smile:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
thnx everybody BTW don't try to spell my screen name I made a mistake on it myself when I created it. Ok so the word is Hace, that gives me some help, but I would still be interested in a cold version of the song for winter. Special to Count what does LMK mean, my leet is worse than my spanish ROTFLMAO

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
LMK = "let me know", and that applies to variations like LYK or LUK, just replace with proper pronoun.
My advice, take it one line at a time. Read through the original lyrics and try to get a feel for how it was written and what ideas come to mind to change it to "Hace Frío".
Hope this helps.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
As a matter of fact, Sesame Street Dose have a song that came out in the mid 90's Called "Hace Frío".

ISNorden

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
As a matter of fact, Sesame Street Dose have a song that came out in the mid 90's Called "Hace Frío".
It must have appeared only on an album, since I never heard it on any episodes that aired back then (and I watched a lot of Sesame Street in the 90's, wondering and worrying about the format change).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
No, there was a visual version on the show. I'm not sure if there was an album version, but the TV one is the only one that I am aware of.