Ask Ken at Palisades

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Oh, I agree. They're honestly the most well-made figures I've seen. I resisted buying them at first, but finally caved in. It's October ... where's my Series 2?? :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
PVC vs. Regular Figures

I'm willing to leave this question open, since after all Series 2 is just around the corner and the PVC's haven't even been distributed yet. This question is directed to Ken & Co., and anyone who wishes to contribute. Here's what I've heard about the PVC's:
1 Greater character choice, more characters could get the figure treatment than in regular action figure form.
2 More display space, because of their smaller size they'll take up less space than a total regular-sized figure collection with all these figures in the lineup.
3 Collection display, there's a possibility that arch units will be sold where each figure can be placed inside and then connected to each other forming one singular unit.

My question is, do you think it would be better to go after the PVC collection than the regular action figure collection? Should I go ahead and sell/trade my Series 1 group and forget about subsequent figure waves, thus awaiting the release of the PVC's? Or should I continue the collection of the regular figures? I appreciate everyone's input on this subject.

You're the ever-vigilant bat watcher, the Count.

Lu775

Reaction score
Count, it really depends on what you want to collect.
I'm guessing the larger figures would be more "valuable" in the long run (because they start off at a more expensive price range).
But someone like me, who does't have the room for regular sized figures, I'm highly anticipating the PVC line.
Don't sell off your regular figures if you're enjoying them. (Or, if you're not enjoying them, sell away!)
Not very helpful, I know. But it's got to be about what you want really.....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby

I remember watching Muppet Christmas Carol in the theaters with my high school buddy in a room filled with little kids and we both burst out laughing when the ghosts introduced themselves as Robert and Jacob Marley. (Get it? *Bob* Marley) Almost every head in the theater turned to look at us to figure out what was going on.

OOOOHHHHH!!!!! I get it now!! HA HA HA! Pretty funny schtuff!!! I didn't know that they were actually going out for that joke, though. I felt the same way when I was in a high school class reading about the Rubiat of Omar Kyam (it was an episode of Bullwinkle. They had a Ruby Yacht of Omar Kyam!!!)

Ken- But anyway, will the Starhog magazine be silkscreened on or stickered on? I have these Simpson figures and it looks like they were too lazy to do silk screen, so they instead used cheap, pealy off stickers. That was one thing that made me steer clear of Kamp Krusty Bart. I was afraid his shirt sticker would fall off!

danielromens

Reaction score
Ken, by any chance is one of them Marley and Marley, averice and greed, who took advantage of the poor, just ignored the needy. If not it should be man.

Maybe I should change that to THREE cool things...

What you hadn't thought of it!?!? (grampa simpson voice) For shaaaaame.

I'm work in my sculpture class on some prototype action figures. I going to try to anyway. Lastly what material is used for the initial sculpts of these dudes.

All sculptors use whatever works for them. But the primary material in the industry today is castilene, the most versatile sculpting material on the planet.

Hey thanks man. You are a gentleman and a scholar. I love you. Can I have a job?

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Re: PVC vs. Regular Figures

Originally posted by The Count
This question is directed to Ken & Co., and anyone who wishes to contribute.
My guess is that Ken is going to tell you to collect both. :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah we all did a nifty sales job for those PVC's in that other thread - maybe a little too good ! :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>All sculptors use whatever works for them. But the primary material in the industry today is castilene, the most versatile sculpting material on the planet.<<<

Aw hah! So the secret is out! And where might us aspiring figure makers find or import this castilene? Im sure me, Artie, and others on here would be very intereste din this substance^_^

>>>My question is, do you think it would be better to go after the PVC collection than the regular action figure collection? Should I go ahead and sell/trade my Series 1 group and forget about subsequent figure waves, thus awaiting the release of the PVC's? Or should I continue the collection of the regular figures? I appreciate everyone's input on this subject.<<<

Is this a serious post? I'd say sell off your whole collection on ebay in anticipation for the Palisades Sesame Street figures.

I think it's pretty safe to say that 1) the PVCS are pretty far off as far as not coming out anytime soon

2) Theyre price wont conflict too much with collecting the series

3) I think I can understand why Ken didnt want to do the minis now that I think about it...Im trying to sell off my Simpsons minis...man those suck!

FozzieBear

Reaction score
Hi Ken,

Anybody who is going to read this is going to think I am very weird for even looking, because I dont even know why I looked, but here it goes,

Is the Short Haired Miss Piggy wearing white underwear, because when I got mine I flipped her over and saw white, so I got a torch and shone it up her dress, Is it underwear I am seeing? I am so embarrased at asking this question.... But it is annoying the S*_t out of me!

Thanks Ken,

FozzieBear (extremely embarrased)

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by FozzieBear
Hi Ken,

Anybody who is going to read this is going to think I am very weird for even looking, because I dont even know why I looked, but here it goes,

Is the Short Haired Miss Piggy wearing white underwear, because when I got mine I flipped her over and saw white, so I got a torch and shone it up her dress, Is it underwear I am seeing? I am so embarrased at asking this question.... But it is annoying the S*_t out of me!

Thanks Ken,

FozzieBear (extremely embarrased)
where's patty e. when you need her?