Ask Ken at Palisades

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Idea's for Gonzo in purple suit

Hello Ken, i was wondering if the gonzo in purplesuit be consitered as "the gonzo in tux just a purple color" i would rather have him in the purple suit along with Camilla but has it been said if he will come with his horn? and how about a packin muppet show logo that stands up so you can place him behind the "O" I also think it would be neat to add a chewed up rubber tire from the first ep of the muppet show.

i don't know if gonzo can come with three items(horn,muppet show logo and tire) and then one packin camilla?

Zack)Rowlf the, just some ideas, dog.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Jamie

Hi Jamie, i got confuesd too, but i "think" they are talking about a small modle of the outter ship swinetrek to come with strangpork. i think it's a good idea, then fristmate piggy coming with the playset.

Zack)Rowlf the Dog.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While we're on the subject, I think that maybe we should have variants of Beaker, Animal, Swedish Chef, et. Al. By that I mean, the characters in different poses to come out later in the series, ones not packaged with playsets. That bothered me with the Simpson Line. I wanted APu, but both times he was packaged with a playset, so I couldn't afford it! You know, a seperate figures collection for us Muppet fans who are strapped for cash!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
SIMPSONS LINE....

I looked at the Simpson's line of stuff, and while the characters look great, I really don't see much play value to them; limited movement, standard poses...nothing much fun out of them.

Then, I began thinking of these Muppet Figures and MAN don't they beat anything I've seen lately?? They sure do!

Uh-oh, I just answered myself! EEK!!

I'm excited about the whole line; the Koozebane set is TOO KEWL! Yes, Ken, if you can put the babies in there, that would be a trip.

I also like the idea of Gonzo coming with the trumpet, Camilla, and wearing the purple suit (Great ideas, Rowlf)!

Okay, I think that's it. I'm so stoked and can't wait til I have this whole line in my room!!! YIPPEE!!

FOZ :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Drtooth

The idea of a Beaker exclusive has been mentioned by Ken many times and he they will likely make an exploded version of him. I think a different version of the Chef wouldn't have much value, but Animal is one of those that I hope will have an exclusive. I included it as a fave idea on my chart because the rest of the band is getting exlusives. Maybe he could wear a t-shirt like he does now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I didn't mean rare and hard to find exclusives, I meant just reprises of the characters in different poses. I mean, I will definately get the Electric Mayhiem set, but I wish I could get Beaker and the Chef, but I'm in a monitary situation here and I can't quite afford them right now. I have a gift certificate somewhere, and If the store I have it for gets the playsets, maybe I can get both the Electric Mayheim and the Muppet Kitchen sets. As far as the Model of the Swinetrek you say should come with Strangepork, here's a suggestion... How about you put it on a fishing line or something? Why? In the old days of Sci-fi, flying crafts were actually suspended from a fishing line (or stick on a string) If anything, it could be a satire of classic Sci-Fi TV shows. Just a suggestion!

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
Some ideas and questions for Ken..

Hey Ken,
You said to keep the ideas coming, so here goes. And yes this is another one of my lengthy posts so feel free to answer in parts (or not at all):

Harry Belafonte Episode:

What about doing a playset with the four African Mask Puppets. They are always remembered very fondly by everyone. It could be a four pack playset with the African background and the four Mask puppets similar to the orginal "Treehouse of Horrors" playset. Maybe you could even release it in February in conjunction with African American History month.

Brooke Shields:

You can actually do an entire wave devoted to this:
Piggy as the Queen of Hearts
Floyd as the Caterpillar
Statler as Tweedle Dee
Waldorf as Tweedle Dum
Playset: Gonzo as the Mad Hatter w/ Dr.Teeth as the Cheshire Cat in the Tea Party playset with Table, Chairs, Tea settings, and Camilla as the Doormouse.

Teeth for the Playset wouldn't even be the size of a regular figure so it shouldn't be incredibly expensive to produce. It would basically be the already sculpted head with minor changes and a small pvc cat body.

This is probably a long shot, but Lydia the Tatooed lady hasn't been mentioned alot. However, I think she would fit under "Fan Favorite". If you're not familiar with her, she is a pig with red hair, a skirt and tatoos.

What do you think are the chances of any of these being made?

And here's another question...Wouldn't the cost to produce Robot Rabbit be equivalent in price to that of a pvc pack-in?

Just wondering,
-Artie

kane31666

Reaction score
FOZZI3B3AR

the basic play factor on the simpsons line is the interactive talking feature they have when connected to compatible environments.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
MrTheFrog

Hey what about Link as the King and fozzie as...the tin woodsman;-)

i know the wizard of oz has been brought up before and then Fozzie would be the lion in that set with gonzo as the tin man.

I personaly don't care for Lydia the Tatooed lady, and don't really want her made, i would ratter have Milldred and George before her, but as for the three of them, I (IMO) don't want them made.

Zack)Rowlf the,Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Drtooth

I understand that the sets are a little more expensive, but they will be easily available to all. The reason the characters are packaged with the sets is so that they will sell. If these cool characters were not packaged exclusively with these sets they may not be profitable to make. I am sure many would object to these re-issues when there are so many other characters to consider, but by making them exclusives instead it ensures the other spots will remain open. :smile: