Ask Ken at Palisades

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I'm thinking tutu's and rubber duckies here !
Well, we've already got the rubber ducky. And the tutu has been requested many, many times.

I used to work for a game company and I thought that they'd have tons of their games in a closet somewhere to give out to people similar to what Ken was saying. However, when I was hired on and asked to play some of their games so I could get a feel of the type of stuff they made, they told me they didn't have any copies. I actually had to go to Blockbuster and rent the games my company made! Sometimes the core group who made a game might get a free copy if they were lucky. Sometimes they might negotiate a deal with the publisher and be able to by the games at a discount--but only for a limited time and in limited quantities. It always seemed really wrong to me that the people who actually made the game, who had their names in the credits, didn't just automatically get their own for free.

Luke

Reaction score
Heck, you should come work in the media, at one time or another i haven't paid for Clothes, CD's, some brands of Candy, some brands of Soda, Computer Games & Consoles, Books, some brands of toys, satellite TV rental, batteries, writing and computer matierials, cab hire - i wouldn't have to pay for Henson merchandise if i could think up a half decent reason why i should get it for nothing but Muppet products are rarely reviewed or promoted by the big P.R companies and pluggers. There are also many other fringe benefits of making TV shows (especially when i was a 19 year old person in charge of attaching microphones to skimpily dressed models and pop singers) but we won't go into all the 'boobage' stuff here !

Luke

Reaction score
There sure is no business like show Nate ! :big_grin:

BTW UK Action Figure Newsflash - they are selling loads in the big flagship stores near me, yeah that's right even the Labs and the Plushes from Catric. I don't know what the heck has happened over the last two weeks because they sat there doing nothing for a while but seems that English people have gone Muppet crazy - only one copy of Kermits Swamp Years was left on the display so that proves for certain people have gone completely insane !

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
so that proves for certain people have gone completely insane !
HAH!!

I got them beat. They're only on their way to someplace I've already been!

F:stick_out_tongue:Z

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Walker Boh
... and don't forget the giant prune!
In best Floyd impersonation...Four Foot Prune!

Sorry! When Floyd says that, it just busts me up!!!! HA HA HA HA!!!

GWGumby

Reaction score
Heck, you should come work in the media,
Tell me about it. My best friend used to produce a morning show in Utah. He'd bring home tons of free CDs and concert tickets and other swag. Plus he suddenly had this inside connection to get into almost any event public or private that we wanted to go to.

I got to see They Might Be Giants perform an acoustic set of 6 songs in a small room with about 10 people.

If it weren't for the fact he wasn't getting paid, that was a pretty cool job.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
If it weren't for the fact he wasn't getting paid, that was a pretty cool job.
I can sympathise. I actually get paid, but when i look at the cheque it still seems like i don't.

danielromens

Reaction score
two nates from wisconsin, one dan from wisconsin, and just a short jump from nate in appleton. mmm, scenic oshkosh, scenic fox valley. ************ wisconsin.