Ask Ken at Palisades

Reaction score
Hello Ken,
With the recent deal for Palisades to make figures based from the 6 muppet movies is there a chance of Palisades making a Gonzo figure based off his appearance in The Great Muppet caper?
I understand that there is alot to do in the process of getting figures approved but just wondered if that version of gonzo has been thought of?

Merry Christmas

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
I follow the scale charts I am given by the licensor. That's all I really know for what they are supposed to be.
Okay. Thanks. After watching TMTM this morning, I realized they are pretty close to scale. (It's just that Dr. Teeth always seemed so big to me.)

gaffercat

Reaction score
hey Ken, have they considered having reg rowlf come with the upright piano, since we will already be getting a baby grand with the tux rowlf, it would good if he came with the other piano he used in the opening of each show

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
They still have some figs at TRU on Perkins (that's where I just got Kermit), and Hickory Hill Mall has a few of Series 2, but not many 'cause my folks picked up one of everything for me, and I went back and bought the Animal Playset (my Mom didn't think I'd need it!!! Her exact words were, "do you NEED the whole band?" Can you believe that?
Mothers, huh?! My mom asked me, "You can barely afford to eat, why are you buying Muppet figures?!" Can you believe THAT?!

Going hungry isn't always a bad thing (starving is...ooh, another fingernail ready to come off!! CHOMP CHOMP!!)

I got Harry, Floyd, and Gonzo at TRU on Perkins because their paintwork looked much better than over at Suncoast, plus the selection was bigger to choose from--and I went on Dec 24th!!

While standing in line (forever) I was reading the back of Gonzo's box and a guy (with 3 obnoxious brats) was looking at the figure and said, "Hey! That's Grover! Where'd you find that?"

I said, "It's Gonzo the Great, and he's in the action figure line. Palisades is marketing action figures for the whole cast of The Muppet Show." I told them they had the whole set except for the playsets.

He left line to go get them!! (Ken, ya'll can send me a paycheck for salesman of the year to my POB).

The sculpts are SUPERIFIC!! But, if the manufacturers mess up the paint-jobs, then it ruins the figure. My Harry had perfect sculpt and paint, except his hair which had purple in it. Something easily fixed with a marker, tho. Oh, and on Harry, I LOVE how the lid of the gunpowder barrell opens up!!

FOZ

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I like the gunpowder thing too. Nice storage.

I had a similar experience in EB Games. I was standing in line with my (totally cool) Animal with Electric Mayhem Playset, waiting to get checked out, when a lady aproaches me. She asks me if she can see it, so I turn so she can see the front of the box where they show Animal and the playset (about here I was getting worried she was going to nab it from me and race out of the stre. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!) All she could say was: "Cooool!"
I told her that there weren't anymore left in the store, but they sell them at Toys "R" Us. She immediately rushed out of the store. (my apologies, EB Games)

All I could think was, "There really are Muppet fans out there! I though I was talking to computers on Muppet Central!" (no offense)

So, in the words of the great Fozzie Bear:
"send me a paycheck for salesman of the year to my POB." (too):big_grin: :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oops...I created a monster. I guess my check ain't in the mail after all. But, I'll take a cool job at Palisades. What can I do out there? I'm a good people person, um, I cartoon my own characters, build and perform my own puppets, play with toys, change toilet paper rolls (scratch that)...

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
great job FOZ! I also think if it was possable to market these fig they sell even better! but Ken has stated that it cost a lot just to put a photo of them in a TRU mag, yet alone to even think of a TV ad which could rock if they had the muppets actulay playing with the toys, just think

Fozzie playing with a fozzie figure

Fozzie: wocka wocka wocka!

Kermit: Ahh, Fozzie? Fozzie, what are you doing?

Fozzie: HEY kermit! check of the Muppet action figures from Palisades toys!

kermit: yes that's very nice fozzie...

Fozzie: Yeah! Hey they made a figure of you too!

Kermit: what!?! hey, hey that's pretty neat could i see it?

Fozzie, well, well ummm, i'm kinda playing with it now

well i guess it wouldn't go like that but some great stuff could be done with Miss piggy,gonzo, rizzo, and pepe too!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
hey Ken, have they considered having reg rowlf come with the upright piano, since we will already be getting a baby grand with the tux rowlf, it would good if he came with the other piano he used in the opening of each show

This is one of my hopes too for the reg Rowlf, maybe haveing his mouth open and close too for diffrent effects of him playing the piano, i also hope something can be done about the eye's, i've read Jim Henson always said Rowlfs eyes had to be placed carefuly even thought they have that simple shape you have to becareful where they are placed, i think that fact was over looked with the tux rowlf fig as he seems to be looking up too much rather then forward.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Pepe: (laughs) Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho, okay? Thees is some cool action figures, si?

Rizzo: Yeah, but let me play, too. Stop hoggin the toys!

Piggy: WHAT?!
Pepe: (Playing with Kermit and Piggy, wiggles Piggy over Kermit)
You give me big kiss, okay? You get along very well with me or I drop you like a hog, okay? OKAY?!

Piggy: Get your hands off me!

Pepe: (Dropping Piggy Figure as Rizzo walks up, shocked) It was him, not me, okay? HIM!

Rizzo: What's wrong with the shrimp?
Fozzie: (Hand on bottom of screen holding his own action figure on tv) Hiya Hiya Hiya! Hey, what'd the boy action figure like about the girl action figure? Give up? Her "FIGURE!" HAA!

(Various fruits and Vegetables fly past the figure and miss it. Fozzie comes up on screen with his action figure.)

Harder to hit smaller targets, huh?!

(He's suddenly pelted with lots of various fruits and veggies).
Piggy: (Walks on screen and sees a Kermit figure standing alone on a table. She looks to her left and to her right then back at the figure.) NOW I bet you'll do what I want, Frog!!
Beaker: (walks up with the figures of himself and Bunsen, and drops Bunsen inside the playset tank. He walks off. Bunsen walks up and sees the Beaker figure.) Mee mee meee me mee...

Bunsen: OH! Oh, dear, Beakie! What have I done?! No worry, I'll get you back to normal! (Shoots a zapper ray at the figure, and it becomes a MegaBeaker. Bunsen inspects it.) OH NO! I've turned him into PLASTIC!! (Runs off screen panicked).

Beaker returns to the screen and sees the MegaBeaker: OOOH!
(Holds figure up and looks at screen.) MEE!
Dr. Teeth: (Walks up on a figure of himself and the piano. He moves the figure and plays the little piano). RIGHT ON!! (Looks at figure). Now THIS is great product, heh heh heh!
Gonzo: (Runs on screen and notices his own action figure). Woo!
WEIRD!!
Floyd and Animal look at their action figures.
Floyd: Hey, man, look at the groovy toys of us, man. These are heavy duty, man!
Animal: DUTY, MAN!
Floyd: This is right up there with collectible stuff, like we might be worth something one day, heh heh heh...
Animal: Worth!
Floyd: These things are gooood! (Walks off)
Animal: (Pause) GOOD! (Begins eating figures and playset)
Crazy Harry: (Looks at himself) Dynamite!
(Figure pushes down on plunger and blows up the REAL Harry!)
Crazeee!!!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by gaffercat
Hey Gaffer,

Last I heard, that was Ken's plan for the "Nekkid" Rowlf...that he would come with the brown upright piano that he frequently played. That will be AWESOME...considering how impressive the baby grand is, I can't wait to see how big the upright will be!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn