Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
It is pretty cool that from the initial thinking it could possibly be done - it's come up at the Palisades forum whether they can do Johnny & Sal like it as well so that those come as a two-pack in the regular line. I really don't feel they are strong enough characters to sell well seperately but as a 2-pack they'd probably be extrememly popular.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, if they DID do it as a 2-pack, wonder what the thoughts would be if they did it with 2 regular carded figs and then the 2 pack, then exclusives and variants? Aren't there normally 4 carded figs in a wave?

Luke

Reaction score
Sorry, i meant Johnny Fiama as the regular carded figure with Sal as his pack-in monkey. Johnny is average height but fairly slim. Sal would be quite smaller and as a full body character would probably slouch a bit. I don't see it being that different from having a Mahna Mahna with two Snowth pack in's as all three pieces with Mahna are around Kermit size. It would surely be the same amount of plastic, and the same amount of new sculpting work. Sal doesn't need any accessories, and Johnny just needs a microphone which could just be a re-run (maybe repaint) of one of the existing ones.

Saying it as a 2-pack was as if i was suggesting two regular sized figures packed in the regular line at a premium price but i wasn't. I don't think they would ever do less than four regular figures per wave otherwise they would have done it with S&W.

radionate

Reaction score
I think if the line continues to prosper, it might be a cool idea to have regular two packs. Thats where Mahna Mahna would come into play.

A lot of other lines have done it, and it is a fun idea. It's just costs on a smaller line like this that makes it harder.

I do agree that Sal and Johnny together is almost a must have to keep the line strong. Apart they aren't as strong as together.

But with Mahna, I'm afraid that even together they might not be that strong of a seller.

Kermit and Robin in a 2 pack for MCC would also rock my world.

Of course I'm still waiting on Piggy with Foo Foo too.

Squigiman

Reaction score
A Whole Lotta Muppetty Goodness For Me!!!!!

Hey Gang,
Haven't posted in a while, what with moving home from school and other busy stuff, but a lot to say. I've been feeling really great, lately, especially Muppet-wise. Met Carroll, at the NY signing, with my mom, and had a great time. Even got to introduce him to my monkey puppet (didn't make him, though, so I can't take that credit, unfortunately). The next morning, learned of the Henson buyback, then a great surprise party for my birthday, which was probably my most present-filled from such a small group. Mainly immediate family and girlfriend. Included was an exclusive Crash Helmet Gonzo with a "Buy One, Get One Free" sticker, from my older brother.
I was a little disappointed, as he didn't seem to notice, to take the opportunity, but after all the rest was handed out, a huge wrapped box made its way out from behind the table to my lap. As I held it, I realized happily what it was. I sang that catchy, goofy song, as I unwrapped my final present for the night, The Swedish Kitchen! It was such a great surprise. My girlfriend was actually worried I'd like his present better than any of hers, having known what it was. I do really like it, though I still have yet to open, but I thoroughly enjoy her "Animal Crossing", the addictive game that's actually kept me from opening my marvelous new toy.
At dinner, my younger brother also mentioned that I got a package from Wizard Entertainment, being the Super Scooter I ordered. I also used an Amazon.com gift certificate from my mom's friend, Lori, to order the Electric Mayhem stage, which arrived promptly, completing my Muppet Show playset collection. I must say, Animal looks really great. So much better, in person, even though I have yet to open that, as well. Oh Ken, by the way, thanks for making all of this possible (toywise, at least), and for that nice little shout-out to us MCers on the Kitchen's box. Also cool to see hints of things to come on both.
Besides all of this, I finished my Junior year in college, and now I find Gonzo with an awesome new head, very exciting, especially being my favorite incarnation of my favorite Muppet character. Also, Janice looks a little better, too, especially accompanied by her guitar. Can't wait to send away my Floyd to get a replacement, because of the magnet issues, pick up a Zoot, and get this little rockin' girl, to have a complete (excluding later addition, Lips, of course) Electric Mayhem band. Man, oh man, does this toy line rock!!!!
I guess that's it for now. Hope everyone else is alright. Take care, everybody.

-Squigiman

radionate

Reaction score
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR KEN.

And I don't think its been discussed, if it has I'm sorry for rehashing it, I must have missed it.

Is Rizzo's nose articulated? It looks like it from the Black Jacket Rizzo pictures.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Ken said that to get the whiskers in they cut the nose. That's probably what you see. I hope it's doesn't mess the look of the face up too much.

radionate

Reaction score
Ugh. I hope so too. He looks great! The Black Jacket Rizzo made me wet my pants.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR KEN.

And I don't think its been discussed, if it has I'm sorry for rehashing it, I must have missed it.

Is Rizzo's nose articulated? It looks like it from the Black Jacket Rizzo pictures.
Hey Nate...it isn't articulated, but there is a seam there. Noticeable, surely, but hopefully not too much so. The alternative was to glue each whisker in individually. We tried that. In the early PPS we have a non-seam nose and the glue kept failing. Whiskers woudl fall out if pulled to strongly. (Dontcha hate that?)

We opted for the cut and the strength of the whiskers that the cut allows.

Hey Squigiman...liked your story. Glad you got the Kitchen. Now open that bad boy up and PLAY WITH IT.