Ask Ken at Palisades

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Yes, of course they are going to release Beau. We all know he's sculpted and Ken reports he'll be out next year. :rolleyes:
Thats great, I have seen the prototype photo of him but just wanted to be sure before I started to look forward to him coming out.

Thanks,
Paul :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Sam T Eagle said:
Why can't they bump Clifford out instead of Beau? I rather have Beau then Clifford but then they know whats best for the Muppet line up
As Jamie said it's to do with the characters being 'chunky' - bigger characters use more plastic and stuff so they cost more, so often with bigger characters you'll find they spend less on the accessories or balance the character out in a wave of other smaller/thinner ones.

I think Clifford is the better choice for S6 anyway, people have a downer on him but he's turning out to be a great figure with superb accessories. I'd rather he was there with big hitters like S&W and Fozzie than some other weaker characters.

That said though, maybe PB Fozzie is now the better choice for the chase repaint than Clifford.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Luke said:
Hasn't been mentioned here yet but the news at Palisades is that Patrol Bear Fozzie is now in the regular lineup for Series 6, and Beau has been bumped most probably, but not definitely, into Series 7.
WHAT!!! WHAT!!! WHAT!!!

But, but, but, we already have A fozzie. Why do we need another. Oh whah!!!

Bea:zany:{Sorry about that}regard

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
So let me get this straight. You're Papa Bear?
ME?! No--no, not Papa Bear, my son wouldn't have a lisp; I mean...well, I don't know how to answer this question. It's a figure of speech? Will that work?

Oh, Monday is getting harder on me by the second. :embarrassed:

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
I hope that they do not replace Beau with Patrol Bear Fozzie in Series six which is a possibility according to today's Daily Bit. I'm sure they will consider everything and make the best decission for both the fans and the line. I like Fozzie before all the Fozzie fans start heckling me. But I'm not a big fan of having a spot in a series go to a figure for which there has already been four different versions of - at least before we have some other supporting characters like Beau come out. On the lighter side, it would be neat to possibly have a Patrol Link in the future to go with Fozzie.

Chad

Luke

Reaction score
Chad Kermit said:
I hope that they do not replace Beau with Patrol Bear Fozzie in Series six which is a possibility according to today's Daily Bit.
I think Ken had already mentioned on the forum - the change has already been made i think, unless they changed their minds again. I think we're going to see a heck of a lot more variants of the main guys in the regular line during 2003/2004, i guess if they need to keep selling well at places like Target it's more important now to have the main characters always on the shelves.

Joggy

Reaction score
Luke said:
That said though, maybe PB Fozzie is now the better choice for the chase repaint than Clifford.
I think Clifford would be better. That way you can have a "formal Clifford" and a "Reggae" Clifford. Giving Patrol Bear a different coloured uniform would be highly boring (and besides, is there any possible colour?).

Plus, it would be more expensive to make another "chunky" repaint like Fozzie.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree, strangely enough. We only need the one kind of PB Fozzie; and a PB Link!!

I would like the raggae Clifford. They could use the same head hands legs/feet, just change the upper-body to match his JHH look...of course, the 'rights' to do so might be the problem there...

Clifford IS coming with the shades, right?

Luke

Reaction score
Joggy said:
Giving Patrol Bear a different coloured uniform would be highly boring (and besides, is there any possible colour?).
I thought there was talk way back of them doing Fozzie in an authentic New York policemans uniform to attract sales from non-fans in the current times. Is that what they did or did they go show authentic ? Is there even a difference ? I'd have no idea !

The reason i thought maybe going with a PB Repaint instead was because obviously Cliffords sales are anything but guaranteed so some people might not search out the repaint as well wheras Patrol Bear is going to be such a popular figure that people would definitely go for the chase repaint as well as the original.

It wouldn't be any more expensive doing Fozzie as the chase repaint even though he's chunky because the original and the repaint are probably all manufactured together in the same production run so it isn't like you are actually making another figure entirely.