Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
Hey Kevin Marvin will have his Muppephones! The list has been posted some where, I'd post it but I don't remember where I read it.
All this info came directly from Palisades site although there's plenty of it everywhere. Ken has made many comments over at the Palisades forum that might be helpful.

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Ken,

Will Usher Scooter come with 3-D glasses that he passed out in MTM? A program from the Killer Fish movie would be cool too. Glad to see you are giving MTM a little attention.

Chad

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Chad, seems I read that Usher Scooter will only be coming with a large, old-fashioned corn popper. I'll try later to copy and paste the list from there to here unless someone beats me to it first.
Kev

jediX

Reaction score
Perhaps he has the 3d glasses built into his head like his glasses were in the series 3 figure. :concern:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Answers for Dave "Gorgon Heap"

Palisades Toys Jim Henson's Muppets Series 8.

Regular Lineup.
TMS: Sam the Eagle with Standards and Practices book, lecturn and magnetic seal of Sam himself, and no American flag.
TMTM: Usher Scooter with popcorn cart.
MT: Dr. Phil van Neuter with filing cabinet, clear lab equipment and a clock to hang from Muppet Labs.
TMS: Marvin Suggs with two mallets, six Muppaphones and a countertop wall.

Exclusive.
TMS: Animal with a bottle of Insta-Gro pills, drumsticks, bongos and a shoulder mounted drum.

Con/Club Exclusive.
MTI: Ghost of Mr. Samuel Arrow.

Questions/Answers.
Q1 There's a new exclusive being sculpted never mentioned before today, 10/28/2003, to replace the figure of Sweetums whose release was delayed from the same time period as S8. This figure will have a "TMS" designation.
A1 This exclusive will be a newly carded Animal wearing his classic outfit, and will come with a bottle of Insta-Gro pills, drumsticks, bongos and a shoulder mounted drum. His head will be sculpted like that of the Mega Animal figure, but on a smaller scale, and he'll have more articulation in his arms and legs and open fingers.

Q2 One figure has a book.
A2 Yes, this is indeed Sam the Eagle, who'll come with his Standards and Practices book.

Q3 One figure will have a single accessory only.
A3 Thiss is Usher Scooter, who'll come with the popcorn cart as his only single accessory.

Q4 One figure has nine separate accessories.
A4 This is Marvin Suggs, who'll come with the following accessories: two mallets, six Muppaphones, and a countertop wall, which all add up to nine separate accessories.

Q5 One figure has a magnetic feature in the accessories, but not in the figure itself.
A5 This would be the seal that will come with Sam the Eagle. It itself is magnetic and attaches to the front face of the lecturn.

Q6 One figure has ball jointed elbows.
A6 This is Marvin Suggs, who will have the ball jointed elbows as part of his articulation points.

Q7 One figure has an accessory that you can put other accessories into.
A7 This would be the filing cabinet to be included with the figure of Dr. Phil van Neuter. You can open up the drawers from the cabinet and place other random accessories, even his own, inside.

Q8 One of the figures has a very large accessory, one that will be a challenge to fit inside the blister.
A8 This is the popcorn cart that will be included with Usher Scooter. Since this accessory is so large, it will be the only one included with the figure itself.

Q9 One figure has an accessory that we are trying to work an interesting mechanism into.
A9 This would again be the popcorn cart that will be included with Usher Scooter. Ken expressed interest in making a sort of bucket that would tip over and dump the popcorn, but that proved to be too intricate and they'll be going with the plans already stated of a balloon in the back which'll move the popcorn pieces forward inside the machine like a snowglobe.

Q10 One figure will cause a major discussion on the board when people find out what he will not have packed with him.
A10 The true answer to this question was to be the lecturn which will indeed end up being included with Sam the Eagle. Originally, Ken didn't know how to fit the piece and thought of scrapping it in favor of the American flag to be included with him. However, thoughtful planning and cramming accomplished the placement of the lecturn within the blister photos they work with over at Palisades HQ. So the lecturn was approved and the flag, due to this and budgetary reasons, was dropped.

Q11 One figure would fit in nicely with an existing playset display, even though he wasn't really associated with that playset.
A11 This will be Dr. Phil van Neuter from MT, who'll fit in nicely with the darker Muppet Labs playset display giving it the true feel of a mad scientist or taxidermist's lab. Also, he'll come with a clock that fits perfectly onto the back or some such portion of the Muppet Labs playset.
Ken posted all of this over at the Palisades forum, so I think it's OK to post it here as well.
Hope this helps and have a happy Halloween!
And don't forget to come to the party at the Muppet College Dormhouse, after all you're the manager of the dorms yourself!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I see this thread didn't get closed. While we're waiting for the Palisades board to get back up, why don't we use this one? I myself have got a ton of questions and suggestions.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Palisades board doesn't close down, it's either got too many people logged in, or you might just have to hit refresh. That's what happens to me!