Ask Ken at Palisades

petrieboy

Reaction score
Swinetrek

I made a mistake.
I saw the Swinetrek first on Ebay. Whoever was selling it had it at the worst possible angle. It seemed that the only part of Miss Piggy that would show is the top half of her face. I just found it at Suncoast and you can see most of her, especially if you look from the left side. I still think it would have been better to put her on the other side, but the photo I saw was very misleading; it's not bad.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I would prefer it if Piggy was seated in her seat with the plastic bubble around her in the same way the Swedish Chef was in his Kitchen. That would have been better for MOC collector's. The way it is is fine though. you can see enough of the figure to inspect the paint job on it.

The Piggy I got from uncleduke doesn't have the best paint job. Way too many sparkles on the skirt and not enough on the chest. There is a spot on the figures thigh that looks like a bubble of paint burst. There are also spots on the face near the eye.Look like they missed the eye when painting it and hit the side of the face and then tried again. It's not a bad figure though. Still acceptable. But I will be repainting the figure with the set instead of the one Ken gave me. Either way one is being painted though. The actual set look fantastic!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
petrieboy said:
I made a mistake.
I saw the Swinetrek first on Ebay. Whoever was selling it had it at the worst possible angle. It seemed that the only part of Miss Piggy that would show is the top half of her face. I just found it at Suncoast and you can see most of her, especially if you look from the left side. I still think it would have been better to put her on the other side, but the photo I saw was very misleading; it's not bad.
Glad you like it. It's not the best idea to put her behind the graphic, and on the other side of the room you wouldn't be able to see her very well. But she isn't that hidden. It's just mildly unfortunate.

Luke

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
The Piggy I got from uncleduke doesn't have the best paint job. Way too many sparkles on the skirt and not enough on the chest. There is a spot on the figures thigh that looks like a bubble of paint burst. There are also spots on the face near the eye.Look like they missed the eye when painting it and hit the side of the face and then tried again. It's not a bad figure though. Still acceptable. But I will be repainting the figure with the set instead of the one Ken gave me. Either way one is being painted though. The actual set look fantastic!
Out of interest why not buy from a retail store ? Do you not have many places near you to do that ? It drives me crazy that the Muppet figures are only available at one retail company in the UK and I have to travel a bit to get there. I was in the states with Target and all these comic stores I would definitely do action figure buying that way so I could inspect them myself. All we ever seem to hear about from any kind of mail order are poor paint jobs and faults as people pre-order to try and be first but the early shipments have always been of the worst quality as the workers in China learn the process.

Wayne

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here. Are they going to make:

Wayne & Wanda
Nigel
George
Mildred
Hilda
Thog
Droop
Uncle Deadly
Pops

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
don't know about wiggy, but the figures are pretty hard to find here in Toronto...you've got a few places, but once they're gone, they're gone...if it wasn't for my loyal comic book guy ordering them for me, I'd get them online..either way, there's only one set to choose from. Luckily, I've been very happy with the quality and paint job of every one he's managed to get for me :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings Wayne, and welcome to the grand hub of Muppet Central's forums!

Of the characters you listed in your previous post... Pops and Uncle Deadly are currently slated for release in S9 and S10 of next year respectively. That is, if nothing happens which might bump them out of order and postpone their release to a later date like figures based on a possible new Muppets TV movie. We should know with more certainty in February 2004 after the 101st American International Toy Fair, and even that's only an 80% possibility of assurance. The other factor that will let us know if those figures will definitely be released in the series or not will be once the series are released.
As for all the others, gonna have to quote the Kenster here and say... Anything Is Possible.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Luke said:
Out of interest why not buy from a retail store ? Do you not have many places near you to do that ? It drives me crazy that the Muppet figures are only available at one retail company in the UK and I have to travel a bit to get there. I was in the states with Target and all these comic stores I would definitely do action figure buying that way so I could inspect them myself. All we ever seem to hear about from any kind of mail order are poor paint jobs and faults as people pre-order to try and be first but the early shipments have always been of the worst quality as the workers in China learn the process.
I usually buy from Suncoast, soon to be Toys R Us I hope; but I ordered online because these are presents for me from my family. SO, they went on the ol' credit card along with a pre-order for series 7 from EB games. Sure, it will be 2 months after everyone else has series 7, but it's free for me and 20 less for the family. I just know I'm going to end up buying series 7 in the store and selling my EB order though. I'm not patient when it comes to my muppets. It's taking all the energy I have not to rip open my series 6 presents.

Now for a question for Ken if he reads this thread anymore.

What improvments will we see made to Nurse Piggy if any?

Will Nurse Piggy have more, less, or the same articulation as PIS Piggy?

Do you plan on trying that blonde hair color again much like the constant pursuit of the perfect Gonzo nose?

Will ribbons be added to Piggy's hair for a season 5 look?

Will that snout ever be slightly reduced so that she can be all the pig that she can be?

Luke

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Will that snout ever be slightly reduced so that she can be all the pig that she can be?
I agree, i've always thought the figure snout was huge for Piggy. You know what they say about girls with big snouts ...