Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i would hope Hamleys would get behind these - it's their sort of thing. Their prices are astronomical though for just about anything because they are such a big name and 'By Royal Appointment' and all that.

I would think the window displays are reserved for all the really big toy companies products - it's probably all political - but we can always dream.

tomahawk

Reaction score
muppet exclusives

i will do anything to make the convention exclusivs available to everyone at MUPPETCENTRAL including selling my first born.o.k. maybe not everything.thank you for your time. james hemstead

towels

Reaction score
So which retailer will get the exclusive of Tomahawk's first born?
:smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Questions for Ken

I'll try to be brief:

If Strangepork is coming with MAMMA, is the Swinetrek model still on, and if so is it coming with Link?

Is it a certainty that the backstage set will be a regular one and not deluxe? I agree with the last person who said that the backstage playset should be deluxe just as much as or even more than the stage playset. Also, given it's size- two levels, sets of stairs- it may need to be a bit bigger. Just something to bear in mind.

Another person asked this, but I'd like to add: about how big are you thinking of making Sweetums? I know you once said that in order to be to scale he'd have to be 12". That fits with some things: Kermit is about 2 feet tall and Sweetums is about 6 1/2 feet tall; the Kermit figure is a little over 4", so Sweetums then would be about 12". There is one other thing to consider, though: with the figures you are adding what we never saw on TV- the bottom half and the floor. Kermit always came up past the waist of Sweetums and the guest because that 2 feet wasn't measured from the ground up- it was from a little above it. To make Sweetums to the 3:1 scale would be to dwarf the other characters compared to the way they're seen on television. With Kermit coming up past Sweetums's waist it'd probably be closer to 2:1 than 3:1. But of course I'm sure this sort of thing has been discussed.

9 to 9 1/2 inches would probably be decent for Sweetums, plus it would leave some room for Thog so he won't have to get too big (if you make him, that is). With Sweetums and 9.5" Thog could be 11" or just under.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and as always keep up the good work.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

tomahawk

Reaction score
first born

the one with the most exclusive muppet figures

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Maybe I'm posting these questions and comments in the wrong place, because this new forum is still not used to me, but here we go.

I got my Series One Muppet Show action figures this past weekend, and absolutely LOVE them! :big_grin: They're perfect in every way. And very worth their wait.

Naturally, I'm curious now about which Muppet Show episode Robot Rabbit appears in Muppet Labs or with Dr. Bunsen Honeydew (who's fabulous, by the way!). I've checked Michael's super www.kermitage.com episode guide, but I was tired and might have missed it there. Somebody here must know, right?

Dr. Teeth is fantastic too! They all are. I don't think I can choose a favorite. But wasn't there talk once upon a time of magnetic heads for the characters who wear hats? I was all set to have my Bunsen action figure experiment on my Dr. Teeth action figure's magnetic head. Not that this is a bad thing, it just means I need Vanishing Cream Beaker all the more now.

So in response to Ken's post about the exclusive variants, I say sign me up, Ken!

Thank YOU!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Ken, how many VC Beakers do you plan on bringing to WW Chi?

Probably around 1000.

9 to 9 1/2 inches would probably be decent for Sweetums, plus it would leave some room for Thog so he won't have to get too big (if you make him, that is). With Sweetums and 9.5" Thog could be 11" or just under.

Admit it...this sentence should just be condensed to say...I want a THOG!

Is it a certainty that the backstage set will be a regular one and not deluxe? I agree with the last person who said that the backstage playset should be deluxe just as much as or even more than the stage playset. Also, given it's size- two levels, sets of stairs- it may need to be a bit bigger. Just something to bear in mind.

The backstage playset isn't even on the radar yet. A lot has to happen between then and now.

If Strangepork is coming with MAMMA, is the Swinetrek model still on, and if so is it coming with Link?

Yes to both.

Dr. Teeth is fantastic too! They all are. I don't think I can choose a favorite. But wasn't there talk once upon a time of magnetic heads for the characters who wear hats? I was all set to have my Bunsen action figure experiment on my Dr. Teeth action figure's magnetic head. Not that this is a bad thing, it just means I need Vanishing Cream Beaker all the more now.

Because of the difficulty of the Teeth hat and the hole in the Kermit 25th head, we are investigating working out the magnets for S2...they were never a part of S1. But the magnets would just make them stay on when posed, my guess is when you start moving them around intensely you may have falloff.

Ken

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
Luke, can you get me the contact information for the person at Hamley's?

Thanks!

Mike H.

tomahawk

Reaction score
thank you

i just wanted to thank everyone at palisades for the wonderful job they are doing with the muppet show figures.from the way they look to all of our questions they are dealing with. thank you thank you thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! james hemstead