Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Yunluck,

Just read back and saw your message. In the last couple of days i've made fun of the Americans, Chinese, Gonzo G-Strings etc etc - so pretty much i'm an equal opportunites prankster. I didn't mean to offend anyone and i think that message was clear from the post.

Hmmmm ... you must have the same kind of insomnia as me - you posted that message at 3:30am Shanghai time didn't you ? ;-)

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
towels Sometimes you just have to laugh though.
I had a factory (office in Korea, factory in Dominican Republic) make the same mistake two years in a row on some high profile product.

That's intersesting...what do you do?

Electric Mayhem Monty Python & the Holy Grail?

You are correct sir.

yunluck I am sorry for the...I also ask you do not make fun of my words, I am still learn english and is difficult to write the correct word sometime.

Yunluck, I think that Luke was just joking, and while it might seem to you like a racist response, I do not believe it is. It is human nature to poke fun at something, and in this case, if you re-read Luke's post, he was poking fun at the language barrier that occurs between our two nations, not at Chinese people or culture. I laughed because his description at how conversations can be misunderstood was very accurate.

So I hope you can understand...it was meant in fun, not racism.

Zack the Dog Hello Ken, I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble, if you have the time could you give me a little advice?
Should i wait any longer or should i look and hope to find the other figs in other stores and then get my money back from EB?

I have a rule when it comes to action figures. When you see something new that you want for the first time, but it right then and there. Don't wait and come back. Find a way to get it. Carry a credit card on you at all times with a minimal balance for this purpose. Why? Cause in my experience if you walk away from it odds are you may not see it again.

My advice is to get the figures somewhere else and if EB comes through with it and you don't want two sets cancel your order. Cause from what I am hearing not every single EB has received or will receive figures.

MaxGoof I still didn't get any E-Mail either... is it gonna be resent?

If by Monday or Tuesday everyone has not received the e-mail then we will resend it.

BAZ is of the prototype Rowlf. I thought it looked great, but my wife thinks he looks a little bottom heavy.

Was wondering who would say that first. Everyone will have a perception of how he should look from the waist down. Trust me...we looked at all the reference and the figure is a very accurate read on the shape of Rowlf. I think people are just not used to seeing all that mass on Rowlf since they never usually do. What did you think of the Piano?

*Warrick*
i was watching a UK TV show and they was talking to some man from Resovoir Dogs (He looks like an older Robert Diniro [Sp?]).

Was it Michael Madsen, who played Mr. Blonde? And we did get approval on that by the way. We did from Artisan anyway...so we are covered.

Ken

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken,

Hey,
Yeah he was only kiddin', i think - LOL !

I havent seen the Rowlf Preview yet, But you can see an EXCELLENT example of his whole body in the Finale of The Great Muppet Caper.

He is in a Parachute and you get a whole shot of his body, For about two minutes.

you can also see his full body in the Lockers in The Muppets Take Manhattan.

I cant wait to see it !!

See ya

Blinky

Reaction score
Ken,

In looking at the time stamps it appears that you are actually responding to people here, which means you are probably in the office which means I am not the only poor shmoe stuck working today. I am sorry to hear about the problems overseas. I hope yous guys can come to some sort of solution. Good luck with Chicago, and I look forward to seeing the email next week. I also am looking forward to getting my Muppet Labs soon.

And as for toy policy, always buy when something grabs your eye. It is almost always easier to return an item then to find it later.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Blinky
In looking at the time stamps it appears that you are actually responding to people here, which means you are probably in the office which means I am not the only poor shmoe stuck working today.

Working from home today, but yeah always working. No such thing as a day off!

You know, I had the Swedish Kitchen final sculpture delivered to my house to make sure I got it today since UPS may not be delivering to the office since officially it's closed today.

IN a word...WOW. This is my first "in person" look, although I have reviewed at least a hundred or more photographs. WOW. 14 cabinet facings, six of which open. 4 opening drawers. 4 opening doors on the stove, one opening broiler drawer. 40 removable pieces. Pots with lids that actually come off. Clear window and 2 clear "glass-look" wall cabinets. Clear mixing bowls, that actually fit one into the bigger one into the bigger one. All the utensils fit nicely on to the wall hooks and they all fit into Chef's hands. Tea kettle has a swivel handle just like an old-fashioned tea kettle should. The old-fashioned phone has one of those separated ear pieces that comes off the hook and has a cord so Chef can actually take calls. Fridge opens and so does the freezer, which even has a removable ice bucket. Radio has a clear front section covering the clock. 2 sections of "kithen preperation mess" on the front island that you can "clean-up" by removing to have a clean or dirty prep surface. Towel bar under the island coutertop with a cloth towel hanging on it. Talking Cake is awesome. Awesome brick detailing on walls. Awesome wood detail on the cabinets. Awesome stone detailing on the hearth. Awesome tile pattern on floor. Even the freakin' salt and pepper shakers have removable tops, if you are so inclined to PUT salt and pepper in there.

Peeps...it just doesn't get any better than this feeling right here. All the messed up factory stuff aside this week, this is why I love this job. There is nothing quite like the feeling of being blown away by a sculpture. And I don't get blown away often cause I am one picky SOB.

It is of course fleeting, because now I need to rip it apart and convey to the sculptors (this was done in China) all the things that have to be fixed, changed, altered and reworked. But this first moment of absolute FREAKIN' amazement is something that I only get to have once a year if that.

It ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blinky

Reaction score
As much as I envy you for being able to make these toys I feel a little guilty since I have been blown away by the figures themselves. I am getting a little antsy over my Muppetlabs because it just looks phenominal (and since I work in a Lab I may need to buy two so one can sit on my desk at work) and if the Kitchen looks even half as good as you say then I will be in shock for a while. And you say series two is even better in your opinion. So if you only get this feeling once a year you really must be a picky SOB.

Gonzo

Reaction score
That set sounds like it's SO much better than MY !@#$!% kitchen....

Of course it IS for a professional chef, designed by a former kitchen designer....

I wish I could shrink down to Chef's size so I could make my own meals there.

Can't wait to see it!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

BAZ

Reaction score
yanking your chain?

Sounds like I was the only one to actually get the E-mail. (I feel so special)

The piano look great! I'm real excited about the Rowlf figure. He's always been one of my favorites. I recall watching him on the old Jimmy Dean Show. (showing my age here)

gorryisback

Reaction score
hey!it's me gorry!my account got shut down so i started a new one.anywho ken i sent my info to palisades but left # of beakers wanted blank because i will get him myself.am i still on the list for muppetfest and san diego exclusives?and will i still see the rowlf pic?