KEN IS BACK!! YIPPEEE!!

Now, life is normal (whatever that is).

dr. gorry

Reaction score
Re: Gorry,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Did you get my email ?

See ya
yup,beaker is the single biggest hassle of my life,to put it one way............and grail i know,i'm just waitin for ya to change that sig.cuz i'll keep up i will!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
for the record, the new He-Man bites the big one...i wrote a review of it for Zen.
Yeah i just read the review but thats for the toy line right ? Yeah i understood that sucks. I'm talking about the actual cartoon they were previewing there. I'm fortunate enough to have been shown a large chunk of the first episode with audio (much more than i gather the San Diego people were shown) and it's amazing. It's based on the anime 'Ninja Scrolls' and as i said it seriously kicks butt compared to most other animation out there right now - the problem is the production company are not really showing the cartoon off to many journalists so the only exposure they've got is from the toy line - where the figures are below average, although the Grayskull playset is nice and has very advanced technology. It's giving the new cartoon a bad name though !

As for Transformers - is Soundwave coming out ? he was always my favorite - i have my original figure in near mint condition somewhere.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>LOL- it was indeed 66 but both Nate AND Vice-Jamie correctly guessed the number, which means that the game is useless.

Ok, we're gonna have to settle this with the mud wrestling <<<

Oh my....posts with just numbers? You guys really were going nuts without Ken for a few days...either that or just trying to rack up some cheap post points:wink:

man, what would all of you do without Ken? ^_^

Oh and Ken...about that Muppet promotional dvd you guys had playing at the SDCC...*wink wink*

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Ken... These are some sugestions I made in another thread...

I would like you to see them and give your opinion when you don't have anything else to do... and are really bored... and have lost interest in life... and are questioning your identity... It doesn't have to be right away... Only when you feel like doing it... I don't want to pressure you... Please! Don't feel obligated to do it... See... I'm being nice like my therapist told me to...

1 - Robin should come with Sweetums in the Backstage Playset.

2 - The Kitchen Playset should come with three or four regular rats that we could put inside the round thing which you fill with water to boil (I don't know the name).

3 - Gonzo with a purple suit should come with a trumpet and a rubber tire.

4 - Janice should come with a little Rockin' Robin Bird and that circular instrument with little bells that we pat to make "tching tching" (I don't know the name).

5 - The Newsman should come with a sheep and a Venus Statue.

6 - In the series concerning Veteranarian's Hospital, a Gorila should come out as a Figure with coconuts and a palm tree or a Teleport Machine to add to the Muppet Labs Playset (then we could have an Exclusive Chinese Gorila Dancing Ballet) so that there could be a pacient to put on the Veteranarian's Hospital Metal Bed... Also this way Beaker won't be alone anymore...

7 - Beauregard should come with a little fridge so that we could put the Rats that came with the Kitchen Playset inside it.

8 - Scooter as a Guy Who Sells Stuff with Organic Popcorn and little table could come out as an exclusive.

9 - Nurse Piggy should come with Foo Foo (what do we need a Veteranarian's Hospital if we have no aditional animals?).

10 - Since Fozzie needs a little hammer to smack Kermit on the neck, let it come as a prop with the Backstage Playset.

Thank you!

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

Yeah i just read the review but thats for the toy line right ? Yeah i understood that sucks. I'm talking about the actual cartoon they were previewing there. I'm fortunate enough to have been shown a large chunk of the first episode with audio (much more than i gather the San Diego people were shown) and it's amazing. It's based on the anime 'Ninja Scrolls' and as i said it seriously kicks butt compared to most other animation out there right now - the problem is the production company are not really showing the cartoon off to many journalists so the only exposure they've got is from the toy line - where the figures are below average, although the Grayskull playset is nice and has very advanced technology. It's giving the new cartoon a bad name though !

As for Transformers - is Soundwave coming out ? he was always my favorite - i have my original figure in near mint condition somewhere.
oops, my mistake...sorry. you're right though, the new cartoon looks simply awesome! and it's almost upon us, just like Armada!

as for Soundwave, it looks good. my information (though i can't remember who right now) says he's on the books for an early '03 re-release in Japan. the U.S. is right now beginning to re-release things as well, with Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Rodimus Prime this fall, so hopefully we'll be seeing him here, and of course, in the U.K. too

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
oops, my mistake...sorry.
Nope my mistake - i should have made it clearer. Although there was some nifty He-Man exclsive at the Con that is apparently going for very high prices because it was individually numbered with a gold sticker on the pack.

Ken - how about doing a very limited run of some Muppet exclusive and individually numbering them like the Mattel people did with He-Man ? I heard there were serious queues for it !

grail

Reaction score
from what i understand, it was the same figure, but the sword had a gold edge...

and what's worse...they announced (and there are pictures to prove it) Samurai He-Man...i'm not kidding, stop laughing...he has stilts, and a firing chestplate, and is not the only one coing in a samurai version (Skeletor and Man-at-Arms too)

Walterfego

Reaction score
I heard there were serious queues for it !
Yeah. I also read that they had to stop the queues on Saturday after someone was injured. If that's what they lead to I'd rather keep the limited offerings through the Club. That way you also don't have to waste them on people who may not care beyond the $100+ price tag anyway. :wink: