Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Re: TOMY

Originally posted by Michael Crawfor
Didn't I hear Diamond was bringing some of the Magical Kingdom stuff over? I could have swore I heard that just recently...
Yep, did a quick search around, and Diamond should have them in comic shops in December. First up, Sora, Riku, Donald Duck, and Goofy from the upcoming Disney/Capcom video game, Kingdom Hearts; plus Mickey Mouse and Pete from the classic Disney short, Steamboat Willie. $6 each retail.
Yeah that sounds about right. They are 5 buckes here...so the mark-up is consistent.

Gonzo

Reaction score
WOW. I'm not even a Disney fan, per se, but these look wonderful. The best thing about them are the pack-ins--totally logical and totally cool--really enhances the figures. Perfect. Well, not as perfect as Palisades' Muppet Show line, but hey, no one's that perfect. they can also get away with less detail, since they're not based on real three-dimensional objects, they're relatively simple drawings.

Anyway. Those are very cool. If I had access to them, I'd be filling up too--especially if they came out with Sleeping Beauty, Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast....

Can't wait for Monsters INC to come out next week...

Quinnnnnnnnnn

matleo

Reaction score
hey Ken

With the Starhog magazine for Link, are you going to put picture of the the puppet on the cover or the figure?

--Matt

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Re: hey Ken

Originally posted by matleo
With the Starhog magazine for Link, are you going to put picture of the the puppet on the cover or the figure?

--Matt
Good question.

I have no idea.

towels

Reaction score
To Ken and the Palisades nuts...

Not a Muppet note, but a mention for one of your other lines (Resident Evil) at ESPN...
click here

beaker

Reaction score
What me waffle? Yes, I would now like to state for the record that the Simpsons minis are pretty cheap. Why was I trying to convince Ken to produce WOS mini-esque TMS figureS? oy.
Anyhoo, those Japanese Disney mini figures are AMAZING!!!

Why the heck cant we get that stuff here? Second, I see Tomy figures in the states here, non imported like the Tron rereleases.
It would stand to reason Disney store would get these...then again I havent seen a shread of marketing for Spirited Away so I wouldnt count on Disney Store.

Finally, whoever came up with the out there idea to make a RPG video game for ps2 that merges Disney, Square's Final Fantasy, and Tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Xmas is a genius!
I never thought those kind of strange company crossovers were possible these days.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Interesting Daily Bit today showing Micronaut production. Question: Why the age grade disclaimer of "Serious Collectors Only 18 and Up" on that last figure? Is that a joke or is it really serious? What is it about this toy that makes it "not a toy"?

incredeeble!

Reaction score
I was wondering the same. I wonder if it's because it might be a limited edition figure and that it shouldn't be opened or played with? That would really disappoint me if that's the case. People should do as they please with their toys. But who knows why that sticker is there.....

fitz3641

Reaction score
After looking at the Daily Bit and being fairly interested in the Micronaut process, I'm curious, Ken, if you will try to find the time to snag enough pictures of Muppets going through the stages to make a Daily Bit of that type (pieces > assembly > package) for Muppets Series 2? That would be quite interesting to see -- on an unrelated note, I just got my Tux Kermit in the mail from amazon, what a nice figure, I love how the hat fits on

GLUE

Reaction score
Hey Towel I think you mean Reservoir dogs, not resident evil.

No the 18 and up sticker is not a joke. The baron karza and Force Commander couldn't pass testing with a 13 and up warning, had to be raised to 18....I guess they think some 13 year old is gonna make a meal of the poor Barons arm!