Ask Ken at Palisades

Chadj76

Reaction score
How many numbers roughly are made of one figure, for a series?
Example folks on ebay are bragging that only 5000 Long hair Piggys were made for production?

It really varies, depending on the figure. But there were 10,000 Piggy's made, not 5000. But there are 500 Teeth's from Wizard World. So it really depends on the figure and where it's sold.
[/B]
Ken, it if you have the information handy could you post the production numbers of the figs so far? Including the Con Beakers, Invis. Fozzie as well as the "regular" series 1 figs. If it's a hassle no worries, always just find production numbers interesting.
Thanks

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chadj76
Ken, it if you have the information handy could you post the production numbers of the figs so far? Including the Con Beakers, Invis. Fozzie as well as the "regular" series 1 figs. If it's a hassle no worries, always just find production numbers interesting.
Thanks
Those really aren't numbers we like to give out. We can give some numbers for exclusives, but not regular releases. I don't have the con numbers on me right now, so that would have to wait. Travis might know...

Blinky

Reaction score
Interesting, is that an industry standard of not releasing production numbers for regular figs or a Palisades policy?
(If I am being too nosey just lemme know)

"Those really aren't numbers we like to give out"

I will have to try that line on the IRS

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Remember that Beaker was using levity, and not being serious. There is absolutely no danger of me misinterpreting that or getting cheesed by ANY kind of comment, good or bad. So it's all good.<<<

Thanks Ken. Glad I can be of entertainign services. Hehe, should have made that more clear people. Yes I am so guilty of injecting strange humour into my posts. Do I want to spread dissent or unity in my posts? Unity and singing praises of course.

How many numbers roughly are made of one figure, for a series?
Example folks on ebay are bragging that only 5000 Long hair Piggys were made for production?

>>>Here's a question, how would a guy like me go about sneaking into toyfair 2003?

Toy Fair is hugely different than the cons. It is for industry and press primarily. But some have snuck in...as industry and press. But it's really hard to do. This is why the websites and mags get so much fervor around TF time. Cause they are really the only ones that can get in and get pics taken.<<<

It's like the famed E3. For the first time ever I was registered and was spose to be at E3 in LA. due to various circumstances(loss of my wallet, etc) I couldnt attend. But I think Grail is getting in, so
theres hope for all ye who desire! PErsonally I'd love to go to this and the Tokyo Toy fair.

>>>Because of fans like "Beaker", I can't help but forsee poor Ken eventually taking the same road as other people "in-the-know" and silently fading away to never be heard from again. Stay with us Ken. Please don't punish us all for the actions of "the red-headed step child."

*I apologize in advance to any red-heads out there.<<<

Well Artie, it s like the old Petula Clark song.
Downtown...where the neon lights are pretty. What does that have to do with this post? Absolutely nothing!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Back to Janice! How's she shaping up? Still have problems with her being to skinny?

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
It's like the famed E3. For the first time ever I was registered and was spose to be at E3 in LA. due to various circumstances(loss of my wallet, etc) I couldnt attend. But I think Grail is getting in, so
theres hope for all ye who desire! PErsonally I'd love to go to this and the Tokyo Toy fair.
i'm eligible to go because of my connection to Zen, but you'd better believe that i double and triple checked that with the people in charge. now i just have to get myself there...

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Back to Janice! How's she shaping up? Still have problems with her being to skinny?<<<

Exactly, back to the figures at hand.(why people seem to get all in a huff over some action figure humour I make is beyond me)

Hey, how come noone said anything when people were crying foul over the Janice pushback? Hmmm? ^_^

Like I said, sesai no-Ken san sure knows how to more than make up for a pushback!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Hey, how come noone said anything when people were crying foul over the Janice pushback? Hmmm? ^_^
Well errr maybe they don't quite put it in the unique way you do Coremeister ! One in a gazillion - thats for sure !

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Because of fans like "Beaker", I can't help but forsee poor Ken eventually taking the same road as other people "in-the-know" and silently fading away to never be heard from again. Stay with us Ken. Please don't punish us all for the actions of "the red-headed step child."<<<

The in the know people you might be referring to(ie: current JHC employees and Muppeteers) were most likely kept away by people incessantly emailing them and fan-gushingly posting to them...not from any sort of open discussions or debates.

>>>Well errr maybe they don't quite put it in the unique way you do Coremeister ! One in a gazillion - thats for sure !<<<

Is that the nice way of putting it? heh...well, I have tried to put a curb on what some may preceive as heated rhetoric...but I swear it is all int he interest in keepin a lively healthy fan debate going...honest! Lab assistant's honour! =80( o--> (beaker)