Ask Ken at Palisades

Waldorf

Reaction score
Ken, are Statler and Waldorf planned for sometime in the future? These are the figures I want more than anything, and as of yet I haven't heard a thing about them. Help me!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It has been reportet that they are planned for next year.

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Hello folks, I'm new to this thread, and may I start out by saying that never would I have thought I would see anyone talking about anyone's schlong on a Muppet forum.

-SPEEGS

Luke

Reaction score
LOL - I think you made a great start !!!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Ken,

What do you mean by test shots? Is this with tooling or what?

The more important question I have to ask, and I recall asking it a few months ago but can't recall the response or if there was one at that time, are Zoot's glasses going to be straightened out? As you're well aware it was a real hot button for us fans, some citing that the downward slant of the glasses made him look "droopy and sad". Are they angled that way because of the hat, or because of a photo from Henson? Taking a look at Zoot through the ages, the rim of his glasses has always been straight across; this gives him a rather ambiguous facial expression, as opposed to a sad one. Sorry to criticize, this is just one of those things that is very important to getting the essence of the character.

Thanks.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Juxton

Reaction score
I think this may have been asked before, but I don't remember if it was answered. Didn't find it in the FAQ, but I admit that I only looked at the section marked Questions About Playsets.

My question is this: Will the EM Bus have the records or CDs on the ceiling and walls (if you've planned that far ahead and can tell us)? I'd like to put in my vote for the records, since I'm more of an old school Muppets fan.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Is the piano larger than Piggys vanity? How long on average does it take for a playset to go from idea - to on the shelves for sale.. roughly?

The piano is a lot larger than Piggy's vanity. From concept to completion, most products, including playsets, take about 9 months.

Ken, are Statler and Waldorf planned for sometime in the future?

Yes. Two extremely cool things are planned for these guys in the next year.

What do you mean by test shots? Is this with tooling or what?

Test shots are the first unpainted examples that you get out of the mold...they are used to debug the figures.

The more important question I have to ask, and I recall asking it a few months ago but can't recall the response or if there was one at that time, are Zoot's glasses going to be straightened out? As you're well aware it was a real hot button for us fans, some citing that the downward slant of the glasses made him look "droopy and sad". Are they angled that way because of the hat, or because of a photo from Henson? Taking a look at Zoot through the ages, the rim of his glasses has always been straight across; this gives him a rather ambiguous facial expression, as opposed to a sad one. Sorry to criticize, this is just one of those things that is very important to getting the essence of the character.

They are still angled and will not be strightened out. Henson wanted it that way, and I agreed with them. Besides, for as many photos as you can show me of his glasses straight, I can show you as many with his glasses angled. That is the nature of this line...there are SO many different variations of each character or character item...makes it hard since there is no "definitive" image. If fact, I am pretty sure when you all get Zoot you will say he is too skinny.

Will the EM Bus have the records or CDs on the ceiling and walls (if you've planned that far ahead and can tell us)?

Records.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Hey Ken have you found the Darkness figure from Movie Maniacs yet? Im going toy hunting for it today! :smile:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aerosmith
Hey Ken have you found the Darkness figure from Movie Maniacs yet? Im going toy hunting for it today! :smile:
No I haven't seen it yet. Keeping my eyes out for it also!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
They are still angled and will not be strightened out. Henson wanted it that way, and I agreed with them. Besides, for as many photos as you can show me of his glasses straight, I can show you as many with his glasses angled. That is the nature of this line...there are SO many different variations of each character or character item...makes it hard since there is no "definitive" image. If fact, I am pretty sure when you all get Zoot you will say he is too skinny.

Hmm, too bad. Okay, so they're still angled; does he still look "droopy and sad"? Has he changed at all since the original prototype? I remember you saying that the frames for his glasses would be clear rather than white, which might help the look, but I just can't shake the idea that the final won't look right, which would really be a shame. How does he look right now, in your opinion?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole