Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I was originally only going to get the Electric Mayhem stuff (so as not to spend a fortune on the entire line) but the more I look at the other figures/playsets and hear about what's coming up I'm wavering. But I think with the importance the EM seems to be playing in the line - 1 or 2 members in each of the first assortments and 2 playsets? I think I sense some favoritism here Ken. - The band should be complete.

This statement sums up the biggest problem to overcome in the continuation of the line overall when it comes to people making a figure suggestion or lobbying for the figure they want. If you really want a wide universe of figure possibilities you have to support the line. The whole line. Don't take that the wrong way...it is your right to buy or not buy what you want. But it is like people saying they want DC stuff but they did not buy the DC stuff that was out. I have both figures...they are not THAT bad, c'mon. And at least they were something of a movie I loved. And I am not suggesting you buy crap either, because we put a lot of juice into the Muppet figures.

But the reality is the only way to really increase the chances of Lips, or Mahna Mahna or characters like that is to keep the line alive. Those of you who want figs like that who have NOT purchased all of the current product you should because that is what makes your more obscure fan favorites possible. Hope that doesn't sound dicky, it's just a matter of supply/demand. You demand it (evidenced by figures selling through) we supply it (making the universe of characters you want).

Are there going to be other accesories with the EM bus besides Janet and her gear? I know several posters (including you Ken) have mentioned things like tambourines, Acoustic Guitar, Clarinet, and Mics/Mic Stands. How about throwing the smaller stuff like the Mics/Stands and a tambourine in the bus.And as far as an alternate instrument for Zoot I'd have to say a flute. I have a lot of musician friends and every sax player I've ever known also plays flute. Besides a flute would be cheaper to produce than anothe size sax or a clarinet. Maybe even a Beer Pitcher-Tip Bucket or is the 'Mayhem too big for a Tip Bucket?

You know how it will go down. Same as it ever was. We will squeeze as much as possible into the product...as much as the budget will withstand.

Besides,I just got an e-mail update from EB saying that the publisher(Palisades?) has re-set the ship date for November 14th. I'm not complaing, just anxious and a little dissapointed.

Hate to say it, but it could actually BE that long. Believe me, that isn't what we want...but they have to sort through their crap out there and it will take a while. We really can't do anything at this point.

BTW, Ken... How strong are the "hat magnets"? Will they disrupt any electronics? Will they cause any interference?

All I can suggest is that you put them next to your best stereo equipment and just see what happens...

I really don't know. They are strong, but I know zip about electronics, so...

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
You're right Ken, I know it, I'm just fighting the battle between getting the cool, fun stuff I want and doing the responsible, grown-up budget balancing stuff I'm 'supposed' to do.:wink:
J~

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hairfarmer
You're right Ken, I know it, I'm just fighting the battle between getting the cool, fun stuff I want and doing the responsible, grown-up budget balancing stuff I'm 'supposed' to do.:wink:
J~
I hear you...thank the gods that I can get a lot of the stuff I want in trade or industry hook-ups...REALLY helps take the sting out of the collecting habit.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
All I can suggest is that you put them next to your best stereo equipment and just see what happens...
Looks like you might be needing a lawyer Mr Lilly - you'd just better hope Stewarts diary is free ! :rolleyes:

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
But the reality is the only way to really increase the chances of Lips, or Mahna Mahna or characters like that is to keep the line alive. Those of you who want figs like that who have NOT purchased all of the current product you should because that is what makes your more obscure fan favorites possible.
It's a sad fact of the toy industry, but it's true. I can think of a couple of choice toy lines that have died partly for that reason (the other half being that the people running the company were nitwits, :stick_out_tongue: ). But chances are that I'll be getting most of the figures released in the hopes of getting some of the really obscure ones like Uncle Deadly, Mahna Mahna, Gaffer, or Marvin Suggs.

(BTW, I hate to beat a dead horse, but I'm still curious -- would Suggs come with the Muppaphone or the singing veggies?)

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bad Andy
It's a sad fact of the toy industry, but it's true. I can think of a couple of choice toy lines that have died partly for that reason (the other half being that the people running the company were nitwits, :stick_out_tongue: ). But chances are that I'll be getting most of the figures released in the hopes of getting some of the really obscure ones like Uncle Deadly, Mahna Mahna, Gaffer, or Marvin Suggs.

(BTW, I hate to beat a dead horse, but I'm still curious -- would Suggs come with the Muppaphone or the singing veggies?)
Well, since you are only getting most of the figures I will answer most of your question.

The answer is yes.

Chadj76

Reaction score
Ken:

I am sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. If I recall correctly you were looking at an average of 4 months between series, based on some pre order info I saw etc. etc. Back before series 1 even hit, or perhaps right after.

Without taking the current port mess into consideration will we see series released more closely together in the future or not?

I believe you have stated that having so much time between series increases the life of the line, which is true to an extent. I would also say to you, that once you get to 7,8,9 months between series some interest, at least in the casual collector dies down. OR, they have moved onto a different line to fill the void of waiting so long (i.e. new toy fix) and perhaps might not go back to the Muppet line.

Of course, I do understand many of the actual production/shipping issues etc is out of the hands of Palisades. Just wonder what we can expect on a go forward basis.

Thank you.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Series One hit shelf in June/July. Series 2 was SUPPOSED to hit in October for all of it. That was out of our hands. That's 3-4 months. I expect 3 to hit in February. That's pushed out because of the Series 2 push out, but not by much. In reality , the gap between 2 and 3 is not that long. Three months or less. Most will be that way, although we will try, if retailers turn in all their Po's on time, to close that gap next year for a series or two. All depends on what the retailers think they can absorb. And what you think you can absorb with your wallet. It will speak loudly I expect. I do agree that you can't stay out of the collector eye that long, which is why we want to have gap filler like the PVC's and MEGA's.

The best laid plans of mice and men though...so many factors involved. Who would have thought that S2 would have been delayed because of a longshoreman lockout? You just never know...