Ask Oscar

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the series Ask Oscar? IT was pretty cool, it had Telly standing by Oscar's Can and he would have a bunch of letters in his hand that were from Grouches all around the World. I think it started sometime in the early 80's and it was last seen in 1993. I'm not sure why they did away with it, but I'm guessing because this was during the time when Telly was always bothering Oscar and was really infatuated with him. Nowadays you never see Telly with Oscar anymore, and Telly's best friend is Baby Bear. But does anyone else remember this?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. This was discussed pretty recently. I remember Ask Oscar very well. I especially liked the one with Linda.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Well,Telly and Oscar are still together every now and then or so!

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
The one with Linda was pretty good and also it seemed to be used frequently and although it's from the mid 80's it was used until 1991 or 1992. There is another one from 1983 or so with Bob taking Telly's place cause Telly had to go to the Dentist.

Dantecat

Reaction score
That sounds interesting andy.

Do you really remember what else happened in it?

Also,How was that one? Because that seems pretty interesting.

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
Sure, I'll tell you all about it. Bob is standing in front of Oscar's can shuffling through some letters looking confused. He nervously tells the audience welcome to Ask Oscar. Oscar can be heard in his can saying "That's not Telly's Voice" He comes out of his can and asks Bob what he's doing there. Bob then explains to him that Telly's at the Dentist and he's filling in for him. He reads one of the letters that asks Oscar what a grouch should bring on a grouch vacation to have a really yucky times. Oscar decides to show the audience at home in a way of visually responding to this grouches letter. Bob packs many things like a Radio that doesn't come in very good at all. Goggles with the glass missing from them. Oscar explains to Bob that's so you'll get water in your eyes, he also says "Besides, in the Ocean "I" go to there's no fish to look at anymore" Bob packs a few other things. Oscar says now you close it up. Then he yells "CLOSE IT!" Bob closes the suitcase and Oscar says "Now lock it up" Bob says "That's exactly what I would do" Bob locks it. Then Oscar says "now pick it up" Bob picks up the suitcase and there was a hole on the other side and EVERYTHING falls out of it, and is now laying on the sidewalk in front of Oscar's Can. Oscar laughs and says. "Now..... you get to pick it up and start all over again, this Bob, is a grouches favorite part of a vacation" Bob looks up at the screen and says "I'm glad that I'm not, a grouch"

It's a great skit! I have it! It's on episode 1845. If you email me mabye we can work something out so you can see this episode. It also has Dr. Nobel Price who is a long lost charachter from the 80's.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
AmazingMumford said:
Sure, I'll tell you all about it. Bob is standing in front of Oscar's can shuffling through some letters looking confused. He nervously tells the audience welcome to Ask Oscar. Oscar can be heard in his can saying "That's not Telly's Voice" He comes out of his can and asks Bob what he's doing there. Bob then explains to him that Telly's at the Dentist and he's filling in for him. He reads one of the letters that asks Oscar what a grouch should bring on a grouch vacation to have a really yucky times. Oscar decides to show the audience at home in a way of visually responding to this grouches letter. Bob packs many things like a Radio that doesn't come in very good at all. Goggles with the glass missing from them. Oscar explains to Bob that's so you'll get water in your eyes, he also says "Besides, in the Ocean "I" go to there's no fish to look at anymore" Bob packs a few other things. Oscar says now you close it up. Then he yells "CLOSE IT!" Bob closes the suitcase and Oscar says "Now lock it up" Bob says "That's exactly what I would do" Bob locks it. Then Oscar says "now pick it up" Bob picks up the suitcase and there was a hole on the other side and EVERYTHING falls out of it, and is now laying on the sidewalk in front of Oscar's Can. Oscar laughs and says. "Now..... you get to pick it up and start all over again, this Bob, is a grouches favorite part of a vacation" Bob looks up at the screen and says "I'm glad that I'm not, a grouch"

It's a great skit! I have it! It's on episode 1845. If you email me mabye we can work something out so you can see this episode. It also has Dr. Nobel Price who is a long lost charachter from the 80's.
Yeah. I don't remember that one. It sounds real good.