attaching a mic to puppets hand

faze

Reaction score
i have me puppet and want it to do interviews with a professional hand held mic what would be the best way for him to hold the mic?

propologist

Reaction score
puppet mic

attach it to the arm rod and then rap the puppet hand around it.

mike

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The way I've done this in the past is to rig the mic so it has a rod of it's own. Then the puppet's hand gets attached to the mic and the puppeteer holds both the mic's rod and the puppet arm rod. You can use the same method to handle different kids of props.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
That's the method it looked like Steve was using for Kermit holding a mic on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. But it looked like he only had one rod attached to the mic, and Kermies hand was wrapped around the mic. Maybe they used double sided tape or velcro to keep his hand on the mic.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Yeah, in my experience you can definately get away with the one rod (assuming your puppet has removable arm rods) if the mic will be in the puppet's hands the entire time.

faze

Reaction score
my puppet has removable arms rods, i culd tape the mic to the rod usin duct tape?

puppetise

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
The way I've done this in the past is to rig the mic so it has a rod of it's own. Then the puppet's hand gets attached to the mic and the puppeteer holds both the mic's rod and the puppet arm rod. You can use the same method to handle different kids of props.
i have told him that already but maybey i didnt describe it that well on msn