1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Attend the Muppet Stamp Ceremony

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by OverUnderAround, Sep 20, 2005.

1. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

Hello all.
    I called the US postal service at 1-800-STAMP24 to enquire if there will be any public event for the release date of the new Muppet and Henson stamps.

Well there will be!!

Here’s the information I was given over the phone.

The Muppets will be at the first day stamp ceremony hosted by Kermit the Frog!
    The event will be held at:

Wednesday Sept. 28 at 10:00 AM at the
    Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
    Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre
    5220 Lankershim Blvd.
    North Hollywood, CA.

Seating is limited! (I imagine it’s free.)
    Call to reserve a seat at: 1-818-754-2807
    Or email to make a reservation to be at the event at: muppets@emmys.org
    Should you email and get a response, let us know what you’re told.

Again, this is info I was given over the phone by the US Postal Service.
    Should you plan to attend, please confirm all the info above.

Should some of you attend, please give us a full report!

Here’s a link I found online to directions to the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
    http://216.92.188.169/contact/directions.php

This should be fun!

Best,
    OverUnderAround
  2. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

This is interesting... this event is immediately after the Wall Sculpture Dedication, which I'm not sure is open to the public.

:p
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

OH MERCY!! I leave the 26th! Gosh it all!
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*colapses*

Fozzie has a non-Fozzie avatar!!! Please, no, it's freaking me, it's freaking me!!!!!
  5. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

whayt is you avator ( Pic ) of it looks like a blue ernie or grover?
  6. Was Once Ernie

It's my own original character. His name is Davey Simpson and I performed him on television on the East Coast before I moved to Los Angeles. He does look a lot like a Muppet, but not any specific one.

7. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

what wa s the show called?
  8. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

That's what I said, but it's the pic from the Muppet try-out flyer- in honor of his audition.
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Muley met Davey and it was fun. Davey has a nice, calm voice and is very friendly. Not at all loud and obnoxious as Muley can be (sometimes).
  10. Was Once Ernie

It was called "The Wireless Anything Goes Notebook". Davey also made some guest appearances on a Philadelphia kid's show called "Captain Noah and his Friends". And he once appeared on "The Easter Seals Telethon".

11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

WasOnceErnie you are incredible. All the stuff you and Davey have done.
  12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I wished I could go. I don't have anyway of getting there or having anyone take me. Everyone who goes have a nice time. I'll be here all alone. By myslef. No one here. Oh well. Like I said before everyone have fun.
  13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Everything is in NY or LA How about holding some events in Chicago.
  14. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Wow, that's a blast from the past--I remember Captain Noah! I'm from Philly, so that and "Star Stuff" are two of my childhood memories that nobody else out here in Iowa remembers. My memories of the show are really fuzzy now (like most of Noah's friends, wokka wokka), but I probably saw Davey on the show. Cool!

:)
  15. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

I agree. I hate not even having the possibility to go to any special Muppet stuff. The midwest is always forgotten. :cry:
  16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

It sucks. I want Muppet events.
  17. Was Once Ernie

That's great! I don't know if I've ever met anyone else that remembers Captain Noah! (Except my friend that worked with him at WPIX).

Mrs. Noah was the puppeteer on the show and she was terrible. She would just kinda shake the puppets like they had palsy when they were supposed to be talking. 'Course, the way the auditions were held, she might have made it through just because she was a professional puppeteer! ;)

18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

How do you go about becoming a Professional Puppeteer?
  19. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

OH MY GOSH!!! This made me laugh out loud!!! LOL x 80,000!!! Sucks for us, but glad we're able to laugh about it.

:)
    Anthony
  20. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

That's funny--I don't really remember many of the details of the show, unfortunately. It's great to be reminded about it, though. I don't think I knew, back then, that there were such things as local shows.