Attention Sesame Watchers 74-96

little jerry

Reaction score
My fellow sesame watchers and lovers I am here today to ask you to think about the word culture and how sesame street has done so manny songs about cultrual things like the telephone with little jerry and the monotones or how we simply cannot have breakfest without milk. Or even getting haircuts. Things we human beings can't live without. Yet even food ilke hot dogs are an american favorite. However new york city has a lot of culture in it. I mean it's got brodway and jut how manny poradys of broadway songs did sesame street do? It's even got a place where you can watch old episodes of sesame street. Anyway to get to the heart and soul of things. In nyc ya know we got the busses yeah they are neat, we even got taxis nice fun way to get to places. However it can't be nyc without the subway!! If the subway wasen't popular people wouldn't still be riding it today. plus did i mechion we also get jim henson in the song. and pluss sesame street workshop stll has it as it was used in season 29! is there anyody out there that just like me would do anything to see that song again?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The song Betsey referred to is "Subway". It was released on the 1977 album "Signs" and you can also hear it on Muppet Central Radio.

Noggin hasn't shown the Subway sketch though in their classic episodes and to our knowledge it hasn't aired at all since season 29.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Wow Phillip,I never knew it aired last time on season 29. :cool: