Australian ABC2 broadcast

dyson

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock has been broadcasting on ABC2 here, once a week. My 4 year old son & I have been watching them - and it is his favourite show. It's really holding up well for its age. Very entertaining.

We just saw the one where Doc gets an Apple computer - with 64 kilobytes of RAM! :smile:

The picture quality is what you'd expect from a show of it's era. The colour space is quite green / yellow, and could certainly do with a re-mastering to make the whites nice and clean.

Are the DVDs re-mastered picture quality? If so, its a shame these new broadcasts couldn't use the better versions.

Also, I haven't noticed yet any of the Australian Uncle Travelling Matt segments. Perhaps this is the US version they are showing?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the forum, dyson.

Fraggle Rock is your son's favorite show? Excellent...there is hope for the Muppets after all!

(And so much for those arguments that kids won't understand shows that were made before they were born...)

I didn't get to see the original broadcasts, so it would be hard for me to compare them, but it does kind of seem that they cleaned the picture up a little bit for the DVD releases.

That said, you and your son have good taste. Keep watching.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
(And so much for those arguments that kids won't understand shows that were made before they were born...)
Definitely! That argument is such a myth and it's truly a shame companies aren't realizing that.

But anyway, I would imagine at least that the DVDs are of better quality. It's so great that your son is enjoying the show! I hope it continues to entertain and inspire! And btw, Amazon.com does have its share of Fraggle books (from third party sellers), which are really good. :excited:

dyson

Reaction score
I actually still have 3 Fraggle Rock books from when I was a kid, which we're now reading to my 4 year old son. We've also got an annual. (I had a Fraggle Rock bed cover when I was young also!)

My son likes pretending to be Sprocket. He takes a blanket and throws it over himself then barks. This is a scene in 1 episode where Doc & Sprocket dress up for a fancy dress party.

We're also watching the Muppets season 2 DVDs, but he's not as interested in that as Fraggle Rock.