Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm sure when time comes to work on a Piggy they'll ask the fans; still, the version from The Muppet Movie with TMS hair style and even that purple dress from the show would be nice.

As far as Fozzie, the way he looked in The Muppet Movie is best for me.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would love the whole Electric Mayhem band. If Animal gets made I would hope to see the whole EM gang but not knowing that much and knowing that it might get that far. But I can dream can't I? :big_grin: :halo: :sing:

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
Piggy is probably one of my favorite characters, Personally i'd love to own a Piggy replica but the truth is the reason I think Piggy might not have been mentioned is that when it comes to merchandise Piggy I believe doesn't sell very well as a character and honestly I don't see many people paying up tp $300 for a Piggy replica, sure most of us here would but more people would go for Kermit, Animal or Gonzo rather than Piggy althouth i'd have loved it if it were Animal first, Piggy second and Kermit third but i guess they have to make sure to have a Kermit out there first before starting a line :smile: :halo: :mad:
A Piggy replica would be the only one I would definately get no matter what the cost. Especially if she had outfits that I could dress her in!

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
that would be cool....sorta like the doll they had years ago....I had everyone of her outfits

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hey all-

Only one real question since my last post (but that's okay, because I am sure there will be a whole slew of new questions as we move closer to the actual release date), and I will address that in a minute. First, I want to comment on something that King Prawn said:

...I am glad that Travis is behind these replicas...

To be fair, I want it to be known that I am by no means "behind" this product. Let me 'splain. No, there is too much -- let me sum up.

When I joined Master Replicas back at the end of November, this product was already concepted and prototyped. In fact, I had seen a prototype MONTHS earlier at the San Diego Comic Con. I just want to make sure that credit is given where it is due, because I am certainly not a product development person...

That said, I am a representative of MR now. And I happen to be a representative who (a) LOVES the Muppets, and (b) who has had the great fortune to work with the Muppets and licensed Muppet product for the past 3+ years. And so, I thought that I would come here, re-introduce myself, and try to give you guys some inside scoop...

And yes, because of my experience and my passion for the product, they have asked for my input. But really, the people who are truly "behind" the product are MR's great Product Development team. Maybe in the future, I can coerce one of those guys to come on here, and do a little Q&A. In the meantime, you get me.

I hope I am not nit-picking, and I know that King Prawn did not mean to insinuate anything...in fact, I was immensely flattered by the comment. Like I said, I wanted to make sure that credit was given where it is due.

And now, on to my sole question (and after all that build-up, the answer will disappoint you...)

A question I have is............Does/will Kermit stand up on his own??

I don't know...honestly, because when I had the opportunity to play with him, I did not put him down. Seriously. I was transifxed, and then I handed him off to someone else. If I had to guess, I would say that yes, if you can get the balance right, he would stand up...but a light breeze would knock him over. (Anyone remember trying to get their Fisher Price Scooter plush to stand up when they were kids? Or maybe even now..?) Anyway, Kermit has some skinny legs, so he's going to be better of in a seated or leaning position. If I find out anything contrary to this, I will be sure to let you know.

Later gang,

Travis

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Travis,

Thanks for the answer to my question, if he stands or not is not an issue, Im just excited about him either way.

With ref to what you said
Only one real question since my last post (but that's okay, because I am sure there will be a whole slew of new questions as we move closer to the actual release date), and I will address that in a minute.

Is there a release date set yet! Or a month at least when he will be available!!?

I am planning on getting a log from somewhere so he can sit on the log, thats how I plan on displaying him, if I can ever put him down!!

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
Kermit would be at least 60 days away as Master Replicas give 60 days warning on edition size before release.I've seen Kermit standing in the San Diego comic con pic but cant tell if the wall behind is helping him.I have had a puppet scale directors chair made ready for Kermit!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Travis, Do you have any pictures of what Kermit's armature looks like under his "skin"? If not,will the limbs have one piece of wire that you bend, or will it be two pieces of wire that are looped and bolted to form a joint? Also, are there any pictures of Amimal in progress that you can share?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Good question, I was wandering about the structure too. I am also curious if there is any sign yet of what sort of packaging Kermit is going to be sold in? A plain box, a printed box with the replica pics, actual kermit pics, a shoe box type box, or probably what I hope to see a box with a opening flap and window to see Kermit inside, and until we can all afford a glass display box at least we can still adore him in his box without him getting dusty!! etc.

Also if any pics are available, I'd love to see his face with more of a smile than what I have seen so far!!?

Cheers Guys

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.