Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
Can we please keep this thread ON-TOPIC! Tioandria was nice and considerate enough to spend some time answering questions about the new Muppet replicas. Lets not waste his time by maknig him sift through all the nonsense.
He loves the Muppets... I'm pretty certain he likes nonsense!

And it's a pretty sad commentary that we can't clown around on a forum dedicated to the Muppets without someone's panties getting in a bunch. Come on, we're not curing diseases here. (Although laughter is supposed to be therapeutic... so, maybe we are!)

:stick_out_tongue:

zns

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
What are you talking about? Isn't everyone on Sesame Street a puppet?

I don't mean that in a bad way. I just don't know how the human cast members could be duplicated. They could make replicas of the Muppets from that show if they wanted to.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
He loves the Muppets... I'm pretty certain he likes nonsense!

And it's a pretty sad commentary that we can't clown around on a forum dedicated to the Muppets without someone's panties getting in a bunch. Come on, we're not curing diseases here. (Although laughter is supposed to be therapeutic... so, maybe we are!)

And I love the Muppets too and I like nonsense. Just in the appropriate place. There is a time and place for everything. If he wants nonsense then he can go to one of the other many threads dedicated to that. This thread is about the Master Replica's.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Which is why I said when posting a question post it in BOLD font so it can be distinguished from the rest of the thread.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, Kevin. Sorry I'm late on this, I missed some pages somewhere!

I know Travis via MC and Palisades and MuppetFest. I feel certain, knowing his fandom, that he will be sure to help you all create the best possible Muppets products available to the collecting fanbase.

I trust Master Replicas in this work, and look forward to spending money with you all! :smile:

Welcome to Muppet Central, and please feel free to visit the rest of the message board as well to visit with fellow fans!

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Ah yes, good. I see you all have met Kevin. Kevin is actually the person that I refered to in an earlier post, when I said that I had hoped to coerce one of our Product Development people into coming on board here. And lo and behold, no coersion necessary. He just showed up! Good product monkey!

:wink:

But those of you who know me, know that I am a Muppet Freak (and I mean that as a term of endearment)...and I want to declare publicly, that I can vouch for Kevin, too. Rest assured that he is a fan, he has done his homework, and this license is in good hands.

So anyway, you can continue to post questions. If I know the answers, I will gladly chime in where appropriate, but I will let Kevin do most of the talking, especially from a PD standpoint.

Oh, but keep on posting your ideas for characters, in the order that you would like to see them. We are in the planning stages for 2007 now, so we need feedback. If you can, explain WHY you think your line-up makes sense.

In the meantime, I have a question of my own for Kevin:

Are you going to give me that prototype Kermit?

I think I already know the answer to this one...

CyberSteak

Reaction score
ooooh...I'm giddy with anticipation

I emailed this to Kevin but I'll post it here...

Didn't mean to yell, just really excited!!!

Hey Kevin. Just reading your posts over at muppet central. To say I'm excited would be an understatment. Hopefully you'll read this email. I'll post in the thread as well just in case.

My concern's for this line?

Never make a character that requires a buddy that never gets made. Perfect example of this is Palisade's Johnny Fiama. Little Sal never got made. Lots of very unhappy muppet fans because of it. This will be tough one for you guys. When talking about Animal, automatically people are going to want the whole band. With the Palisade toys, the band wasn't complete until Lips was made.

I understand the "pace the main characters to continue interest". Makes sense from a business standpoint. My only worry about that is that the line ends, and for some reason a main character gets left behind. And instead of that character we have a boatload of obscured characters.

No repeats please! I don't need nor want variations in this line. I know it's not likely, but thought I would say it none the less.

And...I want me a Floyd. I bought all of Sideshow's Muppet Bust. What a heartbreaker to have all of those and feel like the set is incomplete without the presence of Floyd. Darn shame I tell you. They could have easily added another 5 characters to the line. Would have made sense since it was their 25th anniversary.

Thinking of other questions...

How many of the posers are you planning to release per year? Five years sounds like a long time but this seems to be a BIG project to get things just right.

As far as characters...wow.

I got into collecting muppet toys because of a memory I had in grade 2. A friend of mine had an Animal puppet. For whatever reason I thought that maybe I would be able to find him on eBay. I checked, and I found him (the puppet, not the friend). But then I came across Sideshows bust. Bought them all. Then Palisades action figures. Bought all of the regular figures. Time life DVD's? Got them. Season 1? Got that too. And now if I could get a hold of look-a-like Animal in a 1:1 scale...wow...that would just bring things around full circle. So Animal is definately at the top of my list.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yes, I would hate to see a Jonny be made with no Sal to go with and see a Jonny but no Fozzie or something. I seriously doubt we will ever see obscure characters though. I bet we get Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Gonzo, Pepe, and maybe Rizzo. That's the main 5 recognizeable characters and 2 fairly high up yet small characters which would do well with price I think. Then if the line is even still around we MIGHT start getting to the other main guys like Rowlf or Scooter.

I'm trying to be a total realist with this line of replicas. I seriously doubt we will see something like Marvin Suggs or Dr. Teeth. Oh, we might see Robin though since he is small too and has a very basic form. He's even more basic than Kermit.

Status
Not open for further replies.