Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I actually put this in the new thread about Gonzo, but it really belongs here, too. Here is a better picture of one of the Master Replicas Kermits from Comic-Con.

WARNING: This is a BIG picture.

I think he's a close to perfect as you could reasonably expect.

:stick_out_tongue:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Lookin' good. Lookin' very good. I only wish I'd been able to go to Comic Con to see it in person!

:smile:

Stulz

Reaction score
stand

I didn't relize that was HIS stand.. thought it was just a stand that they were using. When they said "custom stand" I thoght they meant somthing a bit more elebrate then a standard (albiet large) doll stand that you can get at any Michaels craft store for under $5.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Master Replicas has just sent out an official email to collectors club members announcing a ''NEW PRODUCT LAUNCH'' The Muppets.

The announcment doesnt actually give any NEW news or info though, the email text is below and it also has pics of the poser Kermit already being used on there web site. Its exciting that this could mean its getting closer to release date, Much closer!!? :smile:
Chris

Master Replicas Inc. is thrilled to officially unveil the newest group of characters for which they will produce high quality prop replicas – The Muppets!

At last, Master Replicas presents the first in a series of products which has long been a dream for three generations of Muppet fans –accurate “Photo Puppet” Replicas of Kermit and the gang. In order to accommodate Muppets’ still photo sessions, “Photo Puppet” versions of the characters were created using wire armatures instead of hand openings. This is your first opportunity to bring home an authentic Muppet, using the original cut patterns and similar materials from the actual puppets!

And of course, there was no question which character should lead the pack of these groundbreaking new products: Kermit the Frog. As the first Muppet created by Jim Henson, it was the clear choice.

Just in time for Kermit’s 50th Anniversary Celebration, Master Replicas proudly presents an authentic, posable Kermit the Frog “Photo” Puppet replica using the original patterns and similar materials.

Authentic green fleece
Fully posable, with mouth expression and full articulation in neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, ankles and fingers
Comes with a custom display stand and numbered plaque
Limited Edition of 2500

$199 and Free Shipping!*

Expected to Begin Shipping: Summer 2006

*Free domestic ground shipping. Expedited orders and international orders will receive a discount on shipping costs at checkout.

Bring home one of the world’s favorite frog today!

Your Crew at Master Replicas.

AlienGonzo

Reaction score
I thought, for this price, wed get a little nicer of a stand at least. That isnt that nice from what I can see and nothing custom about it.

But anyway, Kermit is looking good. But I dunno, something seems a bit off to me. Maybe the angle.

I want him to look as much like the real him as much as possible. He’ll probably look better in person though Im sure. Esp when you can get into posing him and all that. Hope he hits soon! :smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
what kind of stand were you expecting.

tomahawk

Reaction score
AlienGonzo said:
I thought, for this price, wed get a little nicer of a stand at least. That isnt that nice from what I can see and nothing custom about it.

But anyway, Kermit is looking good. But I dunno, something seems a bit off to me. Maybe the angle.

I want him to look as much like the real him as much as possible. He’ll probably look better in person though Im sure. Esp when you can get into posing him and all that. Hope he hits soon! :smile:

First, it's been mentioned before, the ones shown from Comic-Con have been messed with alot. They've been played with and manhandled. Second, it's a replica of the poser Muppet and not the hand Muppet. There might be a slight difference because of that.

AlienGonzo

Reaction score
Yea I know. Plus why I said he'll prob look a lot better in person. I see at SDCC it said fall release...does that mean hes been bumped from August now too?

MWoO said:
what kind of stand were you expecting.
Like mentioned above by Stulz, just something a little more elaborate than more or less just a regular, what looks to be plastic, doll stand. Isn't that bad though I guess. Kermits the main thing anyway :smile:

Heres another pic I came across:

http://photos.actionfigs.com/data/1790/SDC_6201_resize.JPG
http://photos.actionfigs.com/data/1790/SDC_6199_resize.JPG

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.They are the best that I have seen of the stand.Now I can see that Kermit will be gripped by the throat.Another picture I had seen looked like Kermit's base stand was like a upside down half spherical shape, but now I know it is flat.I see on the description that Master Replicas themselves wrote has Fall shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.