Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Kevin. I'm very confident in how the Kermit replica will turn out knowing the love of the Muppets that you have demonstrated. Keep up the good work.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I thought it was a different prototype Kermit.I compared it to pictures that were in Lee's Toy Review(in Director's chair & sitting on log) and the Kermit at Toy Fair looks like he has a rounder bottom mouth edge line and the pupils do look bigger.I thought this was a revised prototype.Sorry about that.

tioandria

Reaction score
I think you will all find out how very different Kermit's face can look just from the way you can bend the lips, smash or stretch the head, or even form the neck. It really is a kinetic thing if that makes any sense. All of the pictures that have been taken of the MR Kermit have been of the same puppet. The face always looks so different from photo to photo. At least it does to me.

Also, I am finding out it really is alot more difficult to pose Kermit correctly than I would have thought. It doesn't just fall into place.

One problem that I see with the posers is they usually have over stuffed heads. Our Kermit has a head that is not over stuffed but then that means that the stuffing is floating around inside. It becomes somewhat like a bean bag. That first season DVD has photos of a poser inside with a very over stuffed head in my opinion. However, it used the same cut patterns as the nice looking Kermit at the top left hand corner of this forum.

Its good to give us your comments at this point in the game. Pretty soon here China will finally get up the nerve to send a counter sample. That will really be the time to let it rip. Not only will it help me do my job but it will also help you guys get the product you want.

I did get approval (approved with minor changes) for the Kermit packaging. I need to make the changes and then I will post the artwork so you can see it. Look forward to that sometime this week.

King Prawn

Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!!!!

that'd be great, I can't wait to see the packaging, it'll help me decide if I want two Kermit's. One to open and one to leave MOC LOL :big_grin:

I'm lucky i'll be getting one at all... but you can always push for two:smile:

Jon

Reaction score
Hey Kevin,
just want to tell you that i think you and your team are doing a great job,despite the set backs and quibles about what most people,my self included,didn't realise was still the prototype. I made a few balanced(I hope!) critisms about said photos from Toy Fair but they are somewhat irrelevent now.
Can't wait to see the packaging mockups and revised Kermit from China!

All the best...

Jon.:smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Ha, I knew that thumb was too big!! Lol.

Great to hear that more is still happening to improve the final product, I am still pleased with what I have seen so far. Cant wait to see the pics of the box hopefully later this week!!?

Someone mentioned pictures of the replica sat on a log and on a directors chair in Lee's Toy Review?? I have not seen these pics, does anyone have a link? Just searched but couldnt find them?

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
It's Lee's Toy Review #157(Nov,2005).Unfortuately,I dont have scanning facilities.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Oh boy, Fozzie. You better hope they make Rowlf next instead of Animal. Because instead of a regular Animal replica, what if they decide to make a life-size "Insta-Grow" Animal head? Convincing John
I'd buy it with no place to put it! LOL!!!

I'm still looking forward to seeing more shots, different poses, new, old, upcoming, never-before-seen and then for this thing to hit the shelves! HA HA! I'm too excited.

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
I'm still stoked, I'm not looking for perfection.

The thing is that these replica's have to be reasonably mass produced, and you're not going to get God's gift to merchandise for a couple of hundred dollars.

Personally I think Muppet fans don't realize quite how good they've got it right now. Master Replica is working on a solid product, the Disney statue's are pretty dang good and we've got very good season sets of Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock coming out on dvd.

All in all, I just don't think it's a bad time to be a fan.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'd buy it with no place to put it! LOL!!!
No place to put an Insta-Grow Animal head? Isn't that what the roof is for? I know my neighbors would appreciate it...

Status
Not open for further replies.