Avenue Q's response to Bohemian Rhapsody

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
I wonder if the Skrumps will do a cover of a Queen song like the Muppets and Avenue Q have...

Whimsy

Reaction score
This was a pleasure to watch, and I'm glad to see more puppetry in general is starting to catch into the popular culture.

I don't understand the criticism over the quality of the puppeteering though. Comparing the dedicated talents who play the likes of Kermit and Ms. Piggy for ten to twenty years with a backdrop provided by a professional studio to those who got Rod or Kate Monster in the last two years on stage isn't really fair.

Take it for what it is: a fun, good-spirited jab at a recent and awesome series of videos that I for one can hardly wait to see more of!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
finally saw it in its full...it was ok not awesome like The Muppets but it wasnt bad...the puppetry was a little off but i ignored that

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is great, but to be very picky

The piece is fun and shot beautifully. Most of the puppeteering looks good to me. I won't call out some of the performances that seem not-so-strong, of course. But even those are obviously from working professionals. :attitude:

The band choice makes sense, but the songs they picked don’t have the same narrative strength like the Muppets' vid does. Avenue Q is a fantastic show, but residents are the "champions" of what exactly in this instance? I feel that requires some sort of visual representation in the world of the piece. Bohemian Rhapsody is much more suited to the avant garde. :confused:

Still, this is a great vid that I've forwarded to many friends. Great production value. Shooting puppets and theater in this context presents a challenge and they did a phenomenal job at that. :super: