AWOL explanation from Ru

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Hi guys--I've been awol for a bit. My grandmother is very ill and we have been home. Now we're back HERE home and trying to catch up. She is a little better.

On a MUCH less serious note, my laptop is probably going to go home for visit sometime this week as soon as I can get my files off it for safekeeping. Intermittant power problems seem to require a motherboard's loving touch at the factory.

I'll check in again when I can!

Auntie Ru

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi Ruahnna! Sorry to here that your grandmother wasn't feeling well,:sympathy: but glad to know that she's doing better!

Hope you get everything worked out with your laptop!:smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
(((Ru))) I'll be thinking good thoughts for you & your grandmother.
As for the laptop,hope it gets fixed soon!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear you're all right, and glad to hear your grandmother's feeling better!
:smile:

Good luck with your labtop!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I hope things continue to get better for you, your grandmother and all concerned Ru. :smile:

Best of luck regarding your laptop also.

BEAR

Reaction score
Good to hear from you. I'll make warm wishes for you Grandmother and your family.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm back but with sad news. My very wonderful Grandmother has passed this realm and we have made our final journey home to see her on her way. I am reminded of Kermit as Bob Crachit asserting with great calmness about the naturalness of the partings we all experience in life, but I am nowhere near that degree of collected and peaceable understanding in my own life. The loss of her in my life will take some getting used to, and I don't want to do it.

Also, my laptop, which had also left this earthly realm, was replaced by courier the day we received the news about my Grandmother, and though I had had the foresight to save all of my files before sending my computer off into the ether to be repaired, the laptop on my lap now seems an imposter and feels strange to me. Actually, everything seems a little strange to me now, but I suppose that will pass as does all grieving.

While it would be a relatively safe bet to say that I have not felt much like writing, writing seems to take on a life of its own sometimes. I hope that I will be catching up to the day-to-day life I so abruptly vacated almost a week ago and that will include the stories that tromp around in my head--it is not too much to say that I am looking forward to their footsteps.

Kermit was, after all, correct (or was that Dickens? Or Gonzo?). Our lives are made up of many meetings and many partings--that is the way of it--and the only genuine folly is not appreciating what you have until you don't have it. I am happy to say that I was a great appreciator of my Grandmother in her lifetime, and I am happy to say that I am a great appreciator of my friends and readers here at MC.

Thank you for your kind thoughts--I have felt them--and I look forward to sharing again with all of you.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My condolences to your family! We found out today that my Great Aunt passed away. It can be so difficult, but I do think it should also be a time of celebration in a way, because they're probably in a better place. :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the sad news of your grandmother, Ru. I've missed you personally from my time away from here as well, but I've been trying real hard to make it a point to swing by here at least 2 or 3 times a week. The threads pile up high and fast and can get a bit intimidating, but as you know; some of the nicest, most caring and understanding people on the globe reside here, and they can be very helpful during times like this.

I wish I could extend more then just this virtual (((HUG))) to you, Ru.

—Dave