1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Baby Animal homemade for my Cousin!

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by KermieBaby47, Sep 3, 2007.

1. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I've got lots of pictures of the whole process that I wanted to share here. Is this the right forum category? Anyway, it was a lot of fun.

I work the graveyard shift, came up with the idea of making this stuffed toy in the middle of the night last Thursday. So when I left work Friday morning, I bought all the stuff and laid it out on my desk at home. When I woke up later (around 3pm Friday) I got started. Finished his head as far as getting his eyes and nose attached. Went to work, ugh!

Saturday, around 4pm I woke up and dove right in. Finished his mouth & stuffed his head, then got his legs drawn, cut, and sewn. Also drew & cut out his torso. Took everything to work that night, and on my first break I drew out his arms and got those cut as well. Later, on my lunch hour, I turned out his legs and got those stuffed, that took the whole hour! Getting them turned right-side-out was a chore w/o any tools besides the end of the scissors, ha.

Got home that morning & stitched his arms together, then stuffed 'em. Now the hardest part, sewing everything together! Did that, stuffed his body, then attached his head. Final touches included his bow, diaper, and finger & toe stitching. This last day was all hand sewn stuff. I used my wifes' sewing machine for the big sewing jobs; body, arms & legs, head, eyes, etc.

Then I even made a box to put him in, and we were only half an hour late for the party. By that time, I had been awake for over 24 hours, yawn. But my little cousing loved it! He's my second cousing actually, my cousins' first kid, and it was his first birthday, yay! Everyone else loved it too. My Gramma and a few others didn't know he was a Muppet Baby, but my sister and cousins did! My cousin is doing her sons' room in Sesame Street, and her favorite Muppet is Animal, so I thought it waaaay appropriate to make him a Baby Animal.

Here's the progress & final product pictures, whatchoo think? Cheers!
    :)
    Anthony

P.S. Mods, please feel free to move this to the correct section if this isn't the right place.
  2. Brilliant! Looks better than most store bought Muppet toys.:halo:
  3. KermieBaby47

Thanks MisterSuperstar! I was actually going for brilliant! ;)

I forgot to add that this version of Baby Animal is the one I always think of & draw. Kinda like a newborn Animal, he isn't yet wearing his little outfit or bonnet, though he is wearing a bow. Plus, he's only got the one tooth.

I really liked seeing a physical being of this Baby Animal, it was hard to give him up! I hope you guys like him too.

:)

P.S. Something else I just remembered, Baby Animal is 2 Feet Tall! I was gonna take a picture of him next to my MR Kermit, but ran out of time.
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

That is so cool! I really like that. You did an awsome job. Keep up and maybe more to come.
  5. KermieBaby47

Thanks buddy! I think I might throw some of those pics on my MySpace.
  6. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

That is adorable! I love it!
  7. KermieBaby47

Yay, thank you! :D
  8. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

Cutttee! Awwwwww! :d
  9. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

It's beautiful! Wonderful. I bet your baby cousin loves it! Geez, even I would love it, how can you not? :o Fabulous needlework, by the way, you can hardly tell how you attached the legs, very seamless. I've sewn dolls and things before. I'm competent, but no wizard. I'm impressed! :D
  10. KermieBaby47

I'm no wizard either! LOL. Thanks for your comments everybody, making me feel like I might need to make more sooner than I thought! ;)
  11. Java

Java Active Member

He looks great! I wish I could sew... I'm sure you've made your cousin very happy.
  12. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

Oh wow, that's really neat! Are you going to make anymore Muppet Babies?:)
  13. KermieBaby47

LOL, actually... the next toy I plan on making is gonna be for myself, and it's gonna be...

BABY ROWLF!

Seeing as how he's my favorite and all. Actually, he'll be mine for a while, until we have a kid, and then he's theirs. For myself, really for myself, I'm gonna make Rowlf, original adult version. He's tied with Kermit as my favorite Muppet, and we never see him in plush form anymore. Sure, there was that tiny Veterinarian's Hospital plush set a few years ago, but I want a big 'ol Rowlf y'know? I'm really hoping that Master Replicas makes a Rowlf sometime!

Thanks everybody!
  14. Baby Rowlf

Baby Rowlf Member

Aw, SWEET! I can't wait to see how he turns out! :D
  15. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

17. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Great job, it looks awesome :)
  18. BabyScooter

BabyScooter New Member

great work! it looks like the one in the muppet family christmas not even it's even better! ! ! !:halo: ;) :)
  19. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

wonderful great , you did a the best Job that i have ever seen wow .:) :excited:
  20. BabyScooter

BabyScooter New Member

does the mouth move or is it just a doll.

wow I am still blown away by it! ! !;) :) :halo: