Back From NC; My Frind and Muppets

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, earlier this evening I got back from my week's vacation. I would have posted to say I was leaving, but the night before I left, a part of my computer broke, and I couldn't do anything with it!
:frown: Wouldn't you know it?

Anyway, my mom and I started out a week from yesterday, and drove to Delaware where we spent the night at our aunt's, (her aunt, my great aunt), house in order to brake up the driving. The next da we drove to North Carolina, where I was going to spend a week with a good friend whom I hadn't seen in six years. The members of the RHLC might remember her as Guen who's family was on Extreme Makeover. Mom spent the night with us, before going on to visit our couple of other people, while I spent the week with Guen. We had lots of fun all 'round; it felt like we were teenagers again, only better, lol. Anyway, as the title of this thread suggests, I want to talk about her and muppets. I believe I mentioned briefly some time ago that I mannaged to turn her into a Fraggle Rock fan. Well, she was able to watch a few episodes online, but said there were many that she hadn't seen, so I brought along all three season sets, so she could pick and choose what she wanted to see. I also brought along season 2 of the Muppet Show, just incase that love of Fraggles should spread to the classics. We didn't watch much of season 2, but we did go to Wal-Mart, where we found Season 3. We watched the entire season in 3 days, and about half-way through, she announced that she was completely muppefied, to which I cheered. She made me promise to come back and tell you all this, and I told her not to worry; I was keeping track of her muppet stats.

Favorite muppets: Swedish Chef, Animal and Wembley, (I didn't bring along any of my SS DVDs, for which I was berated lightly by Guen).
Favorite TMS episodes: Gilda Radner, Loretta Lynn, and Roy and Dale.
I didn't think to ask her her favorite FR episode, but her favorite fraggle song seems to be Here to There.

She said she probably wouldn't join the forum, but she did look at some of the collectables section, and it was fun to see her flip out over the Sproket plushes!

Well, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! Bork bork bork!
:hungry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't even realize you were gone! :embarrassed:

Suddenly, it came back to me! :eek:

Good to have you back just the same! :super:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Gee, thanks pal!
:smirk: Just kidding.

Yeah, I have a bad habbit of not letting people know what's going on in my offline life. No particular reason other than lazyness, but I'm going to try and change my ways, lol. Besides, as I said, my comp broke. Very frustrating the day before you're supposed to leave on a big trip!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well I'm glad your computer is working again Kate. :smile:

Wonderful to hear about your friend coming to love muppets so much. :super: :big_grin:

Welcome back Kate.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was really starting to wonder where you had been, Kate. But I'm glad you had fun seeing your friend again and it's great that she's "muppefied" now! :big_grin: But happy you're back!:smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Welcome back, Kate! And glad to hear you had a fun time! :smile: Gotta love spreading the Muppet love, lol!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this thread, but I just remembered something else. Guen asked me to ask who is the big blue monster that appears in the season 3 opening. I said I thought it was Thog, but I wasn't 100 percent sure.
:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
No need to be sorry about bumping the thread Kate. :smile:

I haven't got my season 3 set yet, but I'm pretty sure I remember from childhood memories of watching TMS reruns that Thog does indeed appear with some other full-body monsters during the opening credits in some episodes. It might well be during season 3.