Back to the Future DVD

scarecroe

Reaction score
If anyone here was considering getting the Back to the Future DVD box set that recently came out, you might want to know that the print has been cropped improperly on the second and third films. See what I mean...

http://www.scarecroe.com/files/bttf/

Just an FYI for those who might care.

beaker

Reaction score
Ack! Are all the BTTF 2 dvds just released this way? Man. I guess I'll have to wait ti February...oh way, bday time!^_^

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I *think* it's just the widescreen discs that have the misframing problem.

While it doesn't ruin the movie experience, it is rather annoying.

I'm just glad that the first movie is ok. Then they'd have me to answer to...

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
I *think* it's just the widescreen discs that have the misframing problem.

While it doesn't ruin the movie experience, it is rather annoying.

I'm just glad that the first movie is ok. Then they'd have me to answer to...
Ack...Im just interested in BTTF 2 widescreen dvd...poo. BTTF, that great patron arc of the glorious 1989...a perfect example of the 80's in the future.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should be checking other films too. If this could happen with a Zemekis/Spielberg pic, it could happen to any film.

Thanx for spotting this and telling us, Scott. I was going to get it with my Christmas money. I owe ya one! :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
hehe i just told my brother cause he got that for christmas and he was upset....hehe oops theres my evil side

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Maybe we should be checking other films too. If this could happen with a Zemekis/Spielberg pic, it could happen to any film.

Thanx for spotting this and telling us, Scott. I was going to get it with my Christmas money. I owe ya one! :smile:
Yeah, thanks for telling us! I was planning on buying BTTF 2 this weekend...now I learn ya have to buy all three!?!?!?!
BTTF 3 sucked like nobodies business.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
OMG! We agree on something! LOL! You know, I have learned to like it over the years, but I hated it when it came out in theaters and I still think it's the weakest of the series.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
OMG! We agree on something! LOL! You know, I have learned to like it over the years, but I hated it when it came out in theaters and I still think it's the weakest of the series.
Oh I found BTTF 3 unwatchable...I loved the first one, and I cannot say enough good things about 2. Then again sequels are hit and miss. BTTF 2 IMHO was one of those ones that(to me) eclipsed the original. Usually though...like in the case of Never Ending Story 2&3, Ferngully 2, Batman and Robin, Jurassic Park 2&3, etc..they just keep getting worse and worse^_^

Ok, now I have to ask...EVERY SINGLE BTTF 2 dvd is cropped wrong on widescreen!?!?!?! As in for fans of widescreen dvd and BTTF2 not so good news? poo.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Universal has said that they will replace free-of-charge any of the BTTF2 and BTTF3 discs that anyone has in February when the new pressing is complete, so there is no need to hold off buying them unless you want too. (The fixed discs will also be in stores. Hopefully they'll have a different sticker or something to differentiate the two versions).

Here is what Universal has said so far you need to do to get the replacements. Universal is expected to release a more formal statement next month.

Send your BTTF2 and BTTF3 discs too...

Back to the Future DVD Returns
PO Box 224468
Dallas, Texas 75260

Need to include:

Name
Full Mailing Address
Daytime Phone
Reason for Return (improper cropping of BTTF2 and BTTF3)
Package Discs up without the case
You should get your replacement discs sometime in February they say.

The scenes that are cropped wrong are not the whole discs, just a few select scenes here and there. Even though it's unfortunate this happened (apparently Universal wanted to get these on the shelves for Christmas), at least they are providing an alternative to get the fixed discs at just the cost of shipping them to Universal.