Bacon forbidden on SS?

Xerus

Reaction score
I've noticed on Sesame Street these days, they don't ever show or mention the food bacon. Sure, in the early episodes, they had Cookie Monster eat all of Bert's bacon and Ernie's letter X to go with it. And Fat Blue ordering strips of bacon at Charlie's.

But now when they do breakfast skits, they mention juice, milk, fruit, cereal, toast, eggs, pancakes, but never any bacon. I'm thinking they must've realized that those greasy strips are not really a positive healthy food to show or to talk about.

Dantecat

Reaction score
(1)What year was the Fat Blue skit where he orders bacon?

(2)How is it?

(3)Does Fat Blue faint?

(4)If ending music is on there,How does it go?

4 questions please! :wink:

Xerus

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
(1)What year was the Fat Blue skit where he orders bacon?

(2)How is it?

(3)Does Fat Blue faint?

(4)If ending music is on there,How does it go?

4 questions please! :wink:
Sorry, I don't know the year. But I believe it happened around the 70s.

It's pretty funny. First Fat Blue orders two eggs and two strips of bacon and Grover goes off and comes back with it. Then FB changes his mind and wants one egg and three strips of bacon. Grover agrees and goes back and returns with his order. Then FB changes his mind once again and orders four strips of bacon and no eggs. Grover starts to lose his patience, but comes back with the four strips anyway. But then FB said that it took so long to bring him his breakfast that it's now time for lunch, so he orders two hot dogs and two pickles. A frustrated Grover patiently goes back into the kitchen. Then you can hear Grover screaming and dishes breaking behind the doors while FB wonders what's going on. And I don't think there was any ending music in it.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Do any of them faint Xerus and when in the seventies(early,mid,or late) :confused:

Xerus

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Do any of them faint Xerus and when in the seventies(early,mid,or late) :confused:
No, nobody fainted. And I don't know when in the 70s it happened. But I don't think it was in the early 70s though. That's all I can tell you.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
It could be because bacon is unhealthy but I was also thinking they might not mention bacon because many religions don't allow it to be eaten.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Sorry, I don't know the year. But I believe it happened around the 70s.

It's pretty funny. First Fat Blue orders two eggs and two strips of bacon and Grover goes off and comes back with it. Then FB changes his mind and wants one egg and three strips of bacon. Grover agrees and goes back and returns with his order. Then FB changes his mind once again and orders four strips of bacon and no eggs. Grover starts to lose his patience, but comes back with the four strips anyway. But then FB said that it took so long to bring him his breakfast that it's now time for lunch, so he orders two hot dogs and two pickles. A frustrated Grover patiently goes back into the kitchen. Then you can hear Grover screaming and dishes breaking behind the doors while FB wonders what's going on. And I don't think there was any ending music in it.
In response to that (sorry for getting off subject again), I do remember a sketch where Fat Blue couldn't make up his mind whether to have the soup or the sandwich first so Grover has to keep running back and forth and bringing him what he wants until finally he brings them both out at the same time. Then at the end, FB says that he changed his mind again and decides to have a salad first. Maybe they decided to do that one instead of the bacon one. Either way, it's very rare to see Grover be the one who gets frusterated with Fat Blue instead of the other way around.

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
I don't know if it is such a health issue that they took it off, more like the religious aspect. Lets face it eating 12 cookies in a matter of seconds can't be the healthiest thing ever. I have noticed a lot of the food has been shifted though for some reason a lot is dealing with pasta now. Does anyone know has SS ever mentioned food allergies?
I ask because I have Celiac and sometimes I watch the show knowing my little girl will have it too. Just is going to be hard to explain to her "I know SS said that cereal is good for you, but for you it will make you die of malnutrition."

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They should ask for microwaveable turkey breast bacon flavored strips! YUM!!