Bacon forbidden on SS?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
fainting at Charlie's

Dantecat said:
Do any of them faint Xerus and when in the seventies(early,mid,or late) :confused:
They started this run of clips around 1972, and steadily added to them until sometime in the mid-80's. The only times anyone ever fainted:

1) Probably the very first skit, Fat Blue orders alphabet soup, and several letters are missing. Grover helps out by bringing out the missing letters (j,o, and z), but by the time Fat Blue has a complete alphabet, the soup's cold and he asks Grover to get him another bowl. Then
Grover faints.

2) Another time ordering soup it comes out piping hot, but Fat Blue can't eat it because he doesn't have a spoon. After numerous delays, Grover brings him a spoon, and tells him "Next time if you need a spoon, ASK for one!!!!"
Then it's Fat Blue's turn to faint.

Don't ask how the closing music goes, since I really don't have enough brain cells to recall. (The combination of age and playing in rock bands for 20 years will do this) :sing:

DTF

Reaction score
Practicecactus, you and I think along the same lines, I had nothing really to add except when I saw the title right away I thought of that punch line about Miss Piggy :smile:

I didn't realize there's a condition like that where cereals can be harmful. I guess what you say is just that she's allergic, which is sort of true, I guess - enough of an all-encompassing word that she'll understand till she gets older.

All our bodies are made differently, however. Some of us are orange, some blue, some greeen... :smile:

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
Don't want to go too off topic tomorrow I may start a new thread asking and explaing more of the allergy thing I was thinking.

salemfan

Reaction score
Here is a skit that is based on my life and would make a great Sesame Street cartoon skit. It has bacon in it and is basically an anti-microwave cartoon.
The Turtle and the Microwave
(A turtle is sitting outside an office building with microwave antennas on top, and the building is located by a river)
Turtle:I think I'll just make myself some bacon.
(turtle goes inside the office building)
(While his mother is making the bacon in the microwave, the microwaves are able to fry the turtle's brain because the back of the microwave faces where the turtle sits)
Turtle's father:Move away from the microwave.
I must give this microwave to Sailor Turtle!
(throws the microwave out the window to Sailor Turtle on his boat, accidentally breaking the microwave antennas on top of the building in the process)
Sailor Turtle:Thank you.
Voiceover: The moral is-microwaves are poison!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
On SNL, they did a celebrity Jeopardy spot where one of the contestants was Adam Sandler (don't remember who played him), and he does a parody of the "Chanuka Song" where he lists Snufalupagus as being Jewish. Maybe Snuffie is and said: "No more bacon on SS or I'm out!"

Censored

Reaction score
It seems like Sesame Street began showing less meat, particularly red meat, in later episodes.

When they had the skit "Family Food", chicken and fish were emphasized as the main course.

There were some semi-recent skits in the 90's that talked about Bologna, but as a whole, there seemed to have been more emphasis on vegetables, fruit, and they even mentioned tofu sometimes.