Bad Baby Names

Java

Reaction score
She also told us about twins named Lemonjello and Orangejello. They were pronounced "Luh-MON-jull-o" and "Or-ON-jull-o".
I've seen those before.

There are people who work really hard to get twins names to rhyme all the time. And it would be okay if they didn't work so hard at it.

The worst names I've seen though are after venereal diseases. The parents don't understand and mispronounce the disease the first time and think they sound really pretty...

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Some names can be eaisly made fun of. Even some generic names. In fact, there's only one person I know that can actually beleive that the words "Anymonus Contributor" is a real name. That person is Strong Bad! Here's all of the names of SBemail senders, with any nicknames they got from him. Some of the are pretty bad.
http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Strong_Bad_Email_By_Name_of_Sender

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm one of those people who has a name that spellchecker hates. **curses MS Word** But it could be worse, I was really close to being named Kirby. 0__0

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Denny. THERE'S your "bad baby name"! *Snickers*

peachesncream

Reaction score
Jessica is a pretty horrible name. Trust me on this one.
My last name is Walter which always becomes Walters even when I say no S becuase there's only one of me.
My exhusband's brother named his child Xander Cane.
I also had a co worker who name dhis child Power Clover Tool. They called he Clover. My roomie was also thinking of naming her child Natalia. Thank goodness she named her Ava.
My father wanted to name my brother Mortimer or Oscar and he got Derek instead. If I was a boy it was going to be Dominic after my grandfather and my mother Thought of Dominica for a girl. Jessica is still a bad name.

Wiseman

Reaction score
Wasn't there someone once who had a dog named Jesus? I can't remember if it was these forums or another forum where that was happening.
Jesus is a rather common name for dogs, also a lot of Hispanic Christians name their sons Jesus, after the Christ, of course (in fact around the time of Christ Jesus was a very popular name). But the most famous dog named Jesus comes from this story

One day a burglar was robbing a house, where the owner had a parrot. As he was robbing the house the parrot kept shrieking "Jesus is watching you!" This was getting rather annoying so finally the thief told the bird to "Shut up!" He then started hearing a low growl. He shined his flashlight at the sound and saw a large angry, mean-looking German Shepherd. "Sic him, Jesus!" said the parrot.:zany:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Ba-zing. But it could've been worse for me, my mom wanted to name me Cornelius. My last name is Croxton, so I would've been called Corny Croxton lol.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jessica is a pretty horrible name. Trust me on this one.
My last name is Walter which always becomes Walters even when I say no S becuase there's only one of me.
My exhusband's brother named his child Xander Cane.
I also had a co worker who name dhis child Power Clover Tool. They called he Clover. My roomie was also thinking of naming her child Natalia. Thank goodness she named her Ava.
My father wanted to name my brother Mortimer or Oscar and he got Derek instead. If I was a boy it was going to be Dominic after my grandfather and my mother Thought of Dominica for a girl. Jessica is still a bad name.
Hmm, and I'm naming the main character of my new sitcom Jessica.
Jesus is a rather common name for dogs, also a lot of Hispanic Christians name their sons Jesus, after the Christ, of course (in fact around the time of Christ Jesus was a very popular name). But the most famous dog named Jesus comes from this story

One day a burglar was robbing a house, where the owner had a parrot. As he was robbing the house the parrot kept shrieking "Jesus is watching you!" This was getting rather annoying so finally the thief told the bird to "Shut up!" He then started hearing a low growl. He shined his flashlight at the sound and saw a large angry, mean-looking German Shepherd. "Sic him, Jesus!" said the parrot.:zany:
But in that sense, it's pronounced 'Hey-zoos' isn't it? Otherwise, it would be considered blasphemy.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Yup! I think nowadays Jesus is considered just a name in the hispanic culture. And, if you think about it, it's not like Christ was the first or only person to have the name Jesus. (Historical records show that other people of his time had the name Jesus)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yup! I think nowadays Jesus is considered just a name in the hispanic culture. And, if you think about it, it's not like Christ was the first or only person to have the name Jesus. (Historical records show that other people of his time had the name Jesus)
True, I'm just saying though that most would consider it blasphemy.