Bad Bart and Sinister Sam

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed the simialrities between Bad Bart and Sinister Sam? They were both performed by Jim Henson, both were frightening cowboy characters who turned out to be nice at the end of their sketches, and they were both made from the same anything muppet. It seems like one of them wasnt' really neccessary (I don't know which one came first). I don't ever remember seeing any Bad Bart skits, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Henson used the exact same voice for both characters.

So I wonder what the point was of having Jim Henson perform a cowboy who appeared in skits where everybody feared him, and at the end of the scene he's not really causing trouble, and then introducing a similar character and having the same performer perform him. Maybe Frank Oz or Richard Hunt could have performed the other one (or perhaps Brian Meuhl could have performed one, dependng on when the other was introduced).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another similarity between the two that I forgot to mention is the fact that both characters weren't used very often.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have also been wondering something about Sinister Sam. I remember seeing a skit where Forgetful Jones was supposed to meet somebody at a certain time, and I'm thinking it was Sinister Sam, but I can't remember. In this skit, Forgetful Jones and Clementine are supposed to be getting married, but Forgetful Jones has to meet with somebody by a certain time, I guess it's implied that it's a showdown. At the end, the other character shows up, and he ended up not being mean (I think he was just happy that Forgetful Jones remembered to show up), and I recall them all going to get some leomanade, and Forgetful Jones forgets about his wedding. Can anybody give me more details on this sketch, and can anybody confirm that it was Sinister Sam who appeared in that sketch with Forgetful Jones?