Bad Bart Appearances

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
How many sketches was the western character Bad Bart in and what were they all about?

bigbird

Reaction score
The only appearance I remember with Bad Bart was the bar room skit and a sherriff-like muppet telling all the occupants of the bar he needed a posse of 5 good men to capture Bad Bart. They decide to take a count of the volunteers. Each time they count the 5 of them, there is one muppet who mysteriously has his back turned...even after different muppets take turns counting the same 5. Finally, Bad Bart comes clean and tells the posse: "Excuse me sherriff, but you're wrong. You got 4 good men and 1 bad one...me...I'm bad Bart...hahahahaha" The posse chases Bad Bart out of the bar and the sound of a horse is heard.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Wasn't Bad Bart also the one who threw the surprise birthday party for the saloon's female visitor? I know that the one with the "itchy trigger finger" was not Bad Bart, but Sinister Sam (based on the Fat Blue Muppet base).

Hey, that makes two characters named Bart! The other being Bert's twin brother.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I have memories of both the sheriff putting together a posse to find Bad Bart unaware that he was among them. And yes, Bart was also the one who threw a surprise birthday party for the female marshall.
I remembered them both. I just wondered if anybody knew of any more appearances.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Considering the fact that Jim Henson performed both Bad Bart and Sinister Sam, I wonder why both characters were neccessary. I wonder which one was introduced first.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Just wanted to have more than 1 I guess.
Otherwise I don't know which one was first.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the "five good men needed to capture Bad Bart" sketch was his first appearance. That one seems different from later appearances, where he turns out to not be as mean as he appears. Instead, in that appearance it seems like he really is a bad guy.

I looked at the Muppet Wiki page on western sketches, and noticed that in most sketches he has brown hair and a brown mustache, but in the one where he goes to give somebody what he deserves, he has black hair and a black mustache. Also, it seems like he looks like Forgetful Jones.