Bad Bart

mikebennidict

Reaction score
many of us had seen these SS western skits. but what's so funny about this is for those who remember The Electric Company, once they had a BB character played by Morgan Freeman. storyline, the Bar Tender Skip Hinnant who also played Fargo North slid a drink of something down the counter and ended up on the floor and BB once again played by Freeman laughed and the bar tender got mad and began sing along saying how annoyed he was with Bart and takes to the door and sings the part of the song that goes like Exit. gonna have to move you out the exit. I can't take anymore so i'm showing you the door and the door you're takin is marked exit. > what i wonder is why would TEC choose to use a character name that was part of another show? or was there a real life Bad Bart?

Ziffel

Reaction score
I wondered the same thing. Interesting coincidence about both SS and TEC having a Bad Bart character. I remember the one you mentioned in TEC with Morgan Freeman and Skip Hinnant showing him the exit. I believe just as there were several Bad Bart skits in SS, that there were also several TEC Bad Barts too right? I think in previous ones there was never anyone with the guts to stand up to him but then Skip finally does in this one. Also, I think Morgan played a westerner (maybe Bad Bart again) in a segment that had him standing face to face with another westerner (Morgan might have played both roles with the side by side "trick photography"). I just remember these two guys said a lot, "Who are you a callin' yellow? You yellow BELLY!" (As a child of about 5 or 6 at the time I had thought they were saying, "Yellow BILLY" ! ) I think they also said the old western cliche, "This town ain't big enough for the both of us.." ,though that may have been a different one.
Anyway, as far as I know there wasn't a real life Bad Bart as like Billy the Kid and Jesse James. I imagine some parents would have been quite upset had SS have had a Jesse James muppet instead of Bad Bart!