Bad Cookie Monster Dream?

Marky

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm wondering if you Sesame experts would verify something for me. I'm either recalling an old sketch, or remembering a messed up dream. Did Cookie Monster ever have the 'midas touch' where everything and everyone he touched turned into a pile of cookies?

Marky

Reaction score
maniacal muppet said:
I think I remember it.... if not, THAT SOUNDS SO COOL!!!
No... it was scary! I think it was when I watched it (mid seventies) when scaring kids didn't seem to be a concern on that show. I still feel like calling a shrink when I see Frazzle....

But did this happen??

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I remember it. I wasn't scared and didn't think much about it 1 way or the other though now I think it's funny. He accidently turns Bob and Susan into a pile of cookies and some a buch of monsters came by and ate both piles.

Just joking. Though I would of loved to have seen that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I remember it. I wasn't scared and didn't think much about it 1 way or the other though now I think it's funny. He accidently turns Bob and Susan into a pile of cookies and some a buch of monsters came by and ate both piles.

Wow, before I read that you were joking, I really believed that had happened on the show. It wouldn't have surprised me! lol

Marky

Reaction score
Hmm. ha ha. :stick_out_tongue:

Well, I guess it's only a matter of time before a hard-core SS fan verifies this. It'll save oodles on therapy.

superboober

Reaction score
I do distinctly remember something like this, but it's been too long to know the exact details.

Marky

Reaction score
Thanks sb.

There has to be SOMEONE here who knows this!

I mean, I get blown away by the amount of detail some people know about tthis show.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:

I could of imagined what Gordon would of said once he found out what CM had done knwoing his wife was gone forever.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Yes, I can confirm that this skit existed. Here's what I remember:

This skit was tied into the "King Minus" cartoon, where King Minus makes things disappear when he touches them. After that cartoon would air, the scene would switch to the street with Cookie and Big Bird staring into the camera, commenting on the cartoon. Cookie begins to imagine what would happen if everything he touched turned into cookies. (The picture goes wavy and we get the light music as the scene shifts to Cookie's imagination). Then Cookie touches something by Hooper's store (the newsstand, maybe?) and it turns into a pile of cookies. A minute later, Bob and Susan walk by, and Cookie touches them as he tells them about his new power. A flash of smoke, and then Bob and Susan are gone, replaced with piles of cookies!

Then David walks by, and Cookie tries to explain that the cookies are actually Bob and Susan. "Get outta here!" David says, and he almost touches Cookie! But Cookie tells him to stay back, as the music plays and the scene shifts back to a frightened Cookie on the street, who is glad he doesn't have the "cookie touch."

It was a fun skit, but I understand why a young child might be scared by it. That’s probably one reason why I remember it! This is one they should add to the next “old school” collection.

Okay, now here’s one that I don’t remember, but a friend of mine does. He recalls Cookie Monster singing a song while surrounded by huge piles of Cookies all around him. Sounds like Heaven for Cookie! But I don’t recall it. Does anyone remember this? The skit would have aired in about the same time period (late 1970s) as the “Cookie Monster Midas touch” skit.

=================================================

My blog (sometimes I write about Sesame Street!)

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com