Bad Cookie Monster Dream?

torontoguy

Reaction score
i only remember the king minus cartoon. i found it very distrubing. i always felt sorry for that last dragon. the dragon was scared of KM and KM went after him in the woods and destroyed the last dragon. just very bad for little kids to watch (including myself). SS was full of distrubing cartoons including the yo-yo master and lost kid, lowercase n, willie wimper water pollution (still bothers me today)..does anybody else feel this way ?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity why would you feel bad for the dragons?

They were all evil.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i only remember the king minus cartoon. i found it very distrubing. i always felt sorry for that last dragon. the dragon was scared of KM and KM went after him in the woods and destroyed the last dragon. just very bad for little kids to watch (including myself). SS was full of distrubing cartoons including the yo-yo master and lost kid, lowercase n, willie wimper water pollution (still bothers me today)..does anybody else feel this way ?
Oh yeah we've talked about this on the "What Sketches Scared You" thread. I was always scared of the cartoon where the weird guy with the beak face was pushing an elephant through a door. ::shivers::

Those Cookie and King Minus sketches sound like they would have definitely freaked me out! I was even slightly freaked out by Roosevelt Franklin's "King Midas" song. The imagery of a man sitting there "sad...and old" who "didn't know what his wish would bring." Pretty disturbing, but he was trying to teach kids not to be greedy. And sometimes stories don't have happy endings, at least not right away.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think it was a bit disturning in King Minus when there's one dragon left. It runs away from King Minus, and King Minus chases it and estroys it. It ran away, perhaps deciding to be good from now on, and Minus goes out to kill it (I guess he didn't want to risk it ever comming back).

torontoguy

Reaction score
YES...that what i mean as well...okay, so at first the dragons were bad, but when that last dragon was alone, all it wanted was to run away. maybe it would come back again later to attack or something. if the king never killed the last dragon, it would have been still alone cause the girl, horse and the king himself would have been gone anyways.:confused:

Marky

Reaction score
Yes, I can confirm that this skit existed. Here's what I remember:

This skit was tied into the "King Minus" cartoon, where King Minus makes things disappear when he touches them. After that cartoon would air, the scene would switch to the street with Cookie and Big Bird staring into the camera, commenting on the cartoon. Cookie begins to imagine what would happen if everything he touched turned into cookies. (The picture goes wavy and we get the light music as the scene shifts to Cookie's imagination). Then Cookie touches something by Hooper's store (the newsstand, maybe?) and it turns into a pile of cookies. A minute later, Bob and Susan walk by, and Cookie touches them as he tells them about his new power. A flash of smoke, and then Bob and Susan are gone, replaced with piles of cookies!

Then David walks by, and Cookie tries to explain that the cookies are actually Bob and Susan. "Get outta here!" David says, and he almost touches Cookie! But Cookie tells him to stay back, as the music plays and the scene shifts back to a frightened Cookie on the street, who is glad he doesn't have the "cookie touch."

It was a fun skit, but I understand why a young child might be scared by it. That’s probably one reason why I remember it! This is one they should add to the next “old school” collection.

Okay, now here’s one that I don’t remember, but a friend of mine does. He recalls Cookie Monster singing a song while surrounded by huge piles of Cookies all around him. Sounds like Heaven for Cookie! But I don’t recall it. Does anyone remember this? The skit would have aired in about the same time period (late 1970s) as the “Cookie Monster Midas touch” skit.

=================================================

My blog (sometimes I write about Sesame Street!)

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com

THANK YOU!

I haven't felt this sense of afffirmation since I found out the Star Wars Holiday Special DID exist!