Bad news for people who have Dish Network

scooterfan360

Reaction score
More of the story in less detail

CN fans aren't the only ones being screwed...

Essentially anything that isn't TBS and TNT are being pulled because of... you guessed it... two bratty little rich kids fighting over how much money each is entitled to. Good thing I don't have Dish. Too bad the telecoms kinda control the FCC, otherwise someone could do something about them.
do you think that turner is going to pull the same stunt with direct tv and comcast ?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, I contacted the FCC earlier this summer... much like Wayne Brady said of Drew Carey, the FCC doesn't do a **** thing. Not a **** thing.
The FCC is pretty much run by telecoms. And it doesn't matter who is in charge, they would have been anyway. All they do is react to old, bitter prudish women's complaints. Basically meaning the reason the FCC was even created is no longer valid and we can have as much deregulation as they want. End of story.

do you think that turner is going to pull the same stunt with direct tv and comcast ?
I don't think so. Dish pretty much is THE company that does this. They did it to Fox, they did it to Viacom, they're doing it to Turner. While other telecom conglomerates/monopolies have had some problems in the past, Dish does it frequently. It's all about breaking negotiations to get the cheapest deals and not passing it onto the customers. Now, Turner's clearly going to punish everyone but Dish by passive aggressively pulling legal streams and downloads until something comes up, which will wind up benefiting Dish anyway. Like I said, the reason why you have to wait 8 days to watch something Fox produces on hulu is because of them.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
The FCC is pretty much run by telecoms. And it doesn't matter who is in charge, they would have been anyway. All they do is react to old, bitter prudish women's complaints. Basically meaning the reason the FCC was even created is no longer valid and we can have as much deregulation as they want. End of story.

I don't think so. Dish pretty much is THE company that does this. They did it to Fox, they did it to Viacom, they're doing it to Turner. While other telecom conglomerates/monopolies have had some problems in the past, Dish does it frequently. It's all about breaking negotiations to get the cheapest deals and not passing it onto the customers. Now, Turner's clearly going to punish everyone but Dish by passive aggressively pulling legal streams and downloads until something comes up, which will wind up benefiting Dish anyway. Like I said, the reason why you have to wait 8 days to watch something Fox produces on hulu is because of them.
i hope that something will be worked out they lost a huge percentage of cn's fan base by doing this