Barenaked Ladies music video

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
Hey guys!

The secret fun project I was working on JUST got released! Which means I can officially wee in my pants in delight! YARRR

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2979472/8537568

It's my first real video project, and hopefully not my only one. Maybe uhh..i could rehearse more for the next one :smile: Any amazing feats of emoting and/or puppetry are probably not done by me. I do a bit of the owl & I think I'm the only one who did the frog, so yeah...thaaaat's me! :smile:

jomama

Reaction score
Cool!

Nice job on the owl. How did you get connected with this video?

Sue

Toasty

Reaction score
That's a very cool project to be involved with. Nice work, Stacey!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I gotta get that CD now.

Very nice! Were the puppets intentionally supposed to look like the band members? The owl looks a lot like Stephen Page. Who made them?

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
thanks guys!

Noah Ginex is the guy responsible for the design and the building of the puppets. He and his family are very talented puppet and prop builders. The main puppeteers were Noah Ginex, Frankie Cordero, Jeremy Eckman, myself & Bill Larkin. Amanda Roundtree & Leslie Wacker were also there for a few hours to help with the puppetry.

The puppets were indeed designed to look like the band. there's a photo of the band holding the puppets (some unfinished) somewhere.

I met Noah through mutual friends in the improv scene in Chicago. He liked working with me enough on a silly video we did in January, to include me on a serious one when it came his way. And by it coming his way, he approached them about the project and they liked the idea and everyone went forward with it.

From the first communication with the band's agent to the filming was about 4 weeks. It was about another 3 weeks after the filming that all of the animation & editing was done and it was delivered to the band. 2 weeks after that and its out in the world.

You guys have no idea how hard its been to not talk about this.

Blink

Reaction score
Great job, and wonderful people to work with. Congrats staceyrebecca!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Congratulations! Doing a video for BNL is a big deal. And it's such a cute video! Good for you. :big_grin:

I have to say, I love that owl/bird puppet. Also, the drummer one is so adorable! He reminds me of Emmet Otter a bit, and the Riverbottom Nightmare Band.