Barkley the Dog and Death of Mr. Hooper-FINALLY!!! 5-3-03

mikealan

Reaction score
You know that I didn't get to watch #1145 at the Museum of Television and Radio yesterday, because it's not working...but guess what? I watched two very popular classic SS episodes! Yeah!! One was #1186 where the SS cast wants to vote for Woof-Woof or Barkley and the other one was #1839, the very popular episode where Mr. Hooper died. I finally get to know the information of these episodes:

#1186 (Barkley the Dog)-it starts where the Count von Count begins to count "hellos" to the cast members that welcome the 1978 premiere of Sesame Street. Then, fades to lots of classic clips like the Disco D (sung by the jazzy AM's), the limerick segment called D-dog, cartoon dogs cheer for "dog" and ends with them fighting with cats. I did not like the animals part of the "This is the letter D" skit because it doesn't have "dogs", only species of dogs like dalmations and dixons. I also did not like the live-action film where two men forgot to eat their picnic while rowing on their boat, because the dog eat their lunch, so they let it go away. It used to make my inside really upset. There was also the famous "Billy Joe Jive" cartoon segment. It's from the '70's. I loved it! There was Cookie Monster and Jason talking about the letter D and Ernie asking Bert what time is it now, too. Also, Grover was excited to teach Kermit, the Count, Sully and various AM's about the number two. I'm glad that I finally got to see the whole clip of the cartoon pinball machine number "2" sketch. It's better than the one from the TEC MP3 archive. It's also got the classic "Number 2 Train" cartoon and the Anything Muppet baby boy singing "I Cry". Susan and the live kids sing a song about "loud" and "soft", David and his friends check if Snuffy is visible, but it doesn't work, and the whole cast (not with Snuffy!) votes for Woof-Woof or Barkley before Barkley the Dog got his name. There was a slient skit where Maria dressed like Charlie Champiagn looks at the mirror on the skit about "me" and a another animated segment where the witch transforms a little girl into various things but she thinks she's "me". Also, there was a live-film about a warthhog and Oscar's voice off-screen explains about them. Also includes the ending street segment where the Count counts "good-byes" and annoys Oscar. Herry Monster in the original purple nose makes some appearances in this episode. The sponsors are D and 2.

#1839 (Death of Mr. Hooper)-this episode from 1983 has the most famous and saddest scene where Big Bird wants to send his drawing of Mr. Hooper to Mr. Hooper, but everyone on Sesame Street explains to him that he's never coming back, because he died. During this it's got lots of great segments like Ernie and his friends perform a pagent of feelings and Bert sings his lovely song, "That's Love". It's also got the Newsflash segment where Kermit kisses the beautiful princess to turn into a frog! The animated segment about the evolution of frogs and ends with a frog yelling "HEEEEEYYYY, KERMIT!" It reminds me of the frog calling for Kermit the Frog in this segment. The animated segment where the "5" man does anything of five to anything and gives them a "hi-five". There's only one animated segment about the letter M in this episode where the M-man explains about the letter M. It's also got few great "J" segments like the cartoon fiddler singing the jumpin', jingle jamboree J song, Big Bird, Barkley and a live kid named Jason on J, jump, and letters in sand segment of the letter J with that cool banjo music. This also can be shown on the Season 23 show with Big Bird and Elmo and #3795 where Telly wants his pogo-stick back from Zoe. It's also got a live-film where kids make sand structures and the other film where kids perform their dance class (this can be shown on any of the 123 SS shows), as well as other films include the sad flower and a little boy getting a new baby brother and a man feeding polar bears some sardines. A cartoon man letting his flowers be happy. Some great monster songs such as Fuzzy and Blue (and Orange!) and Sing After Me by Grover and Madeline Khan. Also includes the classic Ernie and Bert sketch where they are at the movies with the tall hat lady Anything Muppet, but Ernie wants to see much of the movie. the Anything Muppet sketch where the purple man muppet says "closed" to anything, a cartoon where some animals steal the man's clothes in rhyme and the classic animated segment/song "That's About the Size of It". This episode ends with Mr. and Mrs. Wilson got their new baby after Big Bird hangs his picture of Mr. Hooper on the wall. Forgetful Jones appears in the beginning of this episode, too. The sponsors are J, M and 5.

Oh, the memories of these episodes! Next time, I'll watch Maria and Luis's Wedding and Big Bird's Insomnia in the later 2003.

ssetta

Reaction score
I wonder what was wrong with #1145! Maybe it will work the next time. I was going to ask you which credits it had.

mikealan

Reaction score
Well, to think of it, "That's About the Size Of It" and "Evolution of Frogs" were NEVER on the Noggin version of #1839. "That's About the Size Of It" was on #2208, #2341, and few of the Season 23-25 episodes. And I think "Evolution of Frogs" was on #2312. Right now, I need #1839, because my video that has the premiere episode from 11/10/1969 had just a few seconds of #1839, but unfortunately, SSetta thinks that his copy of that episode is glitchy.