Barnes & Noble and the Muppets

anymuppet

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I just wanted to let everyone know that Barnes & Noble stores are jumping on board the Muppets train! They are going to be featuring a Muppet endcap display filled with some great Muppety merchandise around the holidays this year. (Yeah yeah, I know it's late in the year, but that's retail for you :rolleyes: )

Anyway, you'll see some of the stuff that's out there now (Muppets Monopoly, Corgi Cars and some plush) and hopefully some cool new stuff too. This display will be going up in every B&N store plus there will be some merchandise in B Dalton stores too.

Also in the works is the possibility of setting up a Barnes & Noble in store appearance by one or more of our favorite Muppet friends. I can't say much on this yet because nothing is finalized, but I can tell you that if it happens, it will be in the NYC area, so all you New Yorkers keep your schedules free in November :wink: I'll keep everyone posted as details come to me.

In the meantime, remember to support the retailers (like Barnes & Noble and Hot Topic) that support the Muppets!

beaker

Reaction score
anymuppet said:
In the meantime, remember to support the retailers (like Barnes & Noble and Hot Topic) that support the Muppets!
Hey! Thanks for filling us in...heh, well us Californians got Muppetfest and Oscar/Spinny, so perhaps it is time the East Coasters got something:wink:

This sounds great! I have a feeling xmas this year will be like xmas 1988: The Muppets, Ninja Turtles, and everything else Ive waited for a merch comeback will be blossoming.

Anyways, keep us posted!

radionate

Reaction score
Cool Beans!

I take it you work for B&N in some form. I'd already heard about this, but when is the date for the endcaps to be set up? I presume its going to be before Thanksgiving.

Any word about any exclusives for B&N?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
B&N Special appearances for New Yorkers.

Gee, I live in a horrible part of the country.

FOZ

matleo

Reaction score
beaker said:
Hey! Thanks for filling us in...heh, well us Californians got .... Oscar/Spinny, so perhaps it is time the East Coasters got something:wink:
uhh..Corey, we got Oscar/Spinney here too. In fact, we got him here about a week before you did. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Anyway, the thought of seeing the Muppets at B&N is great news. That's the kind of high-profile they need. And actually meeting one of the Mupets at a B&N in NYC would be awesome!! IN addition to Caroll Spinney, I've also had thechance to meet Micheal Palin (of Monty Python) at a B&N in NY. So I know how great those functions can be. I'll definitly keep my calendar free in Nov. for that. Thanks fo posting anymuppet.

--matt

anymuppet

Reaction score
radionate said:
Cool Beans!

I take it you work for B&N in some form. I'd already heard about this, but when is the date for the endcaps to be set up? I presume its going to be before Thanksgiving.

Any word about any exclusives for B&N?

Is it that obvious I work for B&N? I have to learn to control my enthusiasm a little better :smile: I'm just so psyched that I get to be a part of all of this. The next best thing to working for the JHC is working with them!!! :big_grin: Anyway, I think we're looking at a November 3rd set up date for the display, but that's just tentative. As far as I know, there are no exclusives for B&N, but hopefully we'll get first crack at a few items. :cool:

beaker

Reaction score
anymuppet said:
Is it that obvious I work for B&N? I have to learn to control my enthusiasm a little better :smile: I'm just so psyched that I get to be a part of all of this. The next best thing to working for the JHC is working with them!!! :big_grin: Anyway, I think we're looking at a November 3rd set up date for the display, but that's just tentative. As far as I know, there are no exclusives for B&N, but hopefully we'll get first crack at a few items. :cool:
coolness, I have a good friend that works at the local B&N.
By November there should be a whole wealth of new Muppet swag out...even all that drool worthy stuff people ar ehaving to keep their mouth shut over.

Aw yes Mattleo... forgot the Spinny thing started with the East Coast tour dates...where is my mind?(no really, I have a team of Finnish scholars asking that)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
beaker said:
where is my mind?(no really, I have a team of Finnish scholars asking that)
My scholars are finished asking that about me.