Be Kind Rewind.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
This is an upcoming film to be released sometime this year, and based on the description alone, I'm excited.

Jerry is a junkyard worker who attempts to sabotage a power plant he suspects of causing his headaches. But he inadvertently causes his brain to become magnetized, leading to the unintentional destruction of all the movies in his friend's store. In order to keep the store's one loyal customer, an elderly lady with a tenuous grasp on reality, the pair re-create a long line of films including The Lion King, Rush Hour, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, When We Were Kings, Driving Miss Daisy, and RoboCop, putting themselves and their townspeople into it. They become the biggest stars in their neighborhood.

It's written and directed by Michel Gondry, who previously directed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Dave Chappelle's Block Party, Human Nature, and The Science of Sleep. It stars Jack Black, Mos Def, Danny Glover, Sigourney Weaver, and Mia Farrow.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Oh my gosh that sounds hilarious! I can't wait to see it!

Skye

Reaction score
At first, I wasn't sure what I thought about it, but them re-creating those movies sounds kinda cool! Impressive writer with a pretty original storyline, and really great sounding cast, too. Very interesting! I might wanna check it out!