Beaker's Lab Years

Wocka

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post to the forums.... I've been lurking and reading for about a month now. I'd have to say that the Palisades new line has resparked my love of the Muppets, so, thank you Mike, Ken, and all others who work so hard to bring us these awesome figures and playsets.
Digging deep into my childhood memory, was The Muppet Show on Thursday nights before Mork and Mindy? I seem to remember that being my favorite night for TV. During Christmas time, playing the John Denver Muppets Christmas record while my sister and I decorated the tree.....that always got us in the spirit of the holidays.

Despite there being three beakers, with a mega on the way, has there been any talk of a Lab Beaker (not the current playset Beaker), but more like a Mr. Potato Head Beaker where you could be Bunsen (Or Jim Henson in the Muppet Shop), and create numerous Beaker variations, including the one we have today? The playset would have a plain Beaker head with slots to put in various favorite Muppet facial features. Pig snouts, a whole slew of eyes, noses, glasses, etc. Slots on top of the head where you could put pig ears, hair, or top-mounted eyes such as Kermit's. Imagine Beaker with Floyd's or the Swedish Chef's moustache. So many options, with additional accesory kits that come out periodically. Much like bobble heads, this Beaker could have and out of proportion body to accomodate a small lab coat, arms, and feet. Or am I the only one who would want a Lab Years Beaker?.... in which case I'll just slink back into the shadows.
Mike

scarecroe

Reaction score
A Mr. Potato Head Beaker, I like it! Although I think we've had too much Beaker by now. I'd rather see a Whatnot with interchangeable parts or something. Yeah, that's it! A Whatnot with interchangeable face and body parts with Vendaface playset! Maybe someone's already thought of that already, but *there's* something you could really play with.

The only other new Beaker that wouldn't make me roll my eyes would be a deluxe Beaker similar to the one that Smig illustrated way back when. I've taken the liberty of posting it here at my web space because I couldn't find it in the MC or TP archives, and really cuz I think it's just the coolest. (Smig, if you protest to this, let me know and I'll take it down)

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
The title of this discussion made it sound like another Muppet made-for-video movie. Soon to be followed by "Piggy's Farm Years", "The Electric Mayhem's Psychedelic Years", and "Crazy Harry's War Years".

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole