1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Bear 10th Anniversary Celebration

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by Princess Melora, Nov 18, 2006.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Princess Melora

Princess Melora New Member

Attention all BBBH fans --

Word at Disney is that in 2007 there will be a Bear 10th Anniversary Celebration, with a relaunch of the shows (maybe on PBS?), more DVDs, an album, and maybe even a movie and traveling show!

Go Tutter!
  2. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

..and what's your source? I believe it when I see a proper source.
  3. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Oh sounds awesome...hope its true!!!
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

I don't think you can get much closer to the source than Princess Melora, you can trust her. :eek: :attitude: :o
  5. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

ok thanks Luke!
  6. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Hey, I didn't know I was having an anniversary. Cool!!
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Melora for this great news. I myself have always appreciated seeing your posts in here.

I myself have been a huge Bear fan since 1997, and was sad when it slowly started to go away. To me it rightly became the official third franchise(since Fraggle Rock was no more...of course, now that franchise is coming back!)
    and I always felt Bear, Tutter and the characters of Bear were really just the warmest and coolest without seeming like they were only playcating to the preschool crowd. I was already 19 when it debuted, am 28 now and I am still wowed by the chemistry of the show.

It's cool Bear finally ventured out into the real world, which all Muppets do as a rite of passage(Uncle Matt, the Sesame gang, and as of 1979, the Muppet gang)

I would LOVE to see a Bear movie, even if it's straight to dvd. As well as a proper relaunch of the Bear franchise. It's something Disney could at least get right Muppet related.

Please fill us in on more details as you get em!
  8. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

This is wonderful news - I hope all the rumblings come to fruition! Even if the bigger ideas don't pan out, it's nice to know that there's talk about it which will hopefully in the least lead to some DVD and CD releases.
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

This is a little upsetting for me. Disney hardly acknowledges the Muppets 5oth anniversary, and no Disney is going to celebrate Bear in the Big Blue House's 10th anniversary, and apparantly in A much bigger way?
  10. doctort13

doctort13 Member

Great news! My daughter really enjoys "Bear" (as we call it). I agree that the puppetry & scripts are top knotch. I am glad to learn of the program's relaunch.
  11. Luke

Luke Active Member

Well, i myself am hoping for a "Behind The Laughter" style special. Y'know, shows how Bear is living off the residuals on his private island in Hawiai, flanked by gorgeous babes, whilst poor Tutter is broke, forced to take a job at Burger King, narrowly avoiding each day getting smooshed into a Whopper!

I know, some hope, but then again Disney have got the Muppets swearing in French nowdays so anythings possible really!
  12. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

sweeeet! i LOVE Bear (and the show at Disney MGM) yooo HOOO MORE Bear dvds, maybe the Christmas one will be out on dvd next christmas!? :)
  13. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

This sounds great! Bear in the Big Blue House is one of the only good shows for children we have left.
  14. furryredmonster

furryredmonster New Member

Sounds awesome. I love BBH.
  15. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

I can't wait! It makes a lot of sense that they would do this.

"Bear" is a great program, one that Disney is not ashamed of showcasing and promoting, even though they could just as well have let it die out and be discounted it as just some "decade old kids show" (like they've done with so many programs).

Being that in 2004 Disney paid a lot to buy "Bear" out, it is obvious that they wouldn't spend the kind of dough they did if they weren't going to do something with "Bear" (some reports say that "Bear" cost them more than "The Muppets"). Since the 2004 buy-out we've gotten about 4 DVD releases (which were re-releases of old Columbia Tri-Star releases), a CD (another reissueing of material) and the short-lived "Breakfast with Bear" series. Nothing all that spectacular (especially since they could have done all those things just as well with Henson's joint ownership). Disney is a big company with a lot of politics and channels (plus they just underwent a big management change and had to establish and ajust to the new Muppet/Bear division) so I can understand the hiccup in love towards "Bear" (and "The Muppets"). I'm just glad that they are going to give some love towards the big blue house and can relaunch the program to a whole new set of youngsters. I'm so glad that Bear is not a dead franchise in Disney's eyes! I can't wait.
  16. FlutterSnuggle

FlutterSnuggle New Member

great news for fans of everyone's favorite mouse!

This is indeed good news. We are always worried when we visit Disney that Tutter and friends will be written out of the Playhouse Disney show since they are (sad to say) not exactly on the front burner.

For Disneyworld visitors, keep an eye out for the big Bear billboard just outside the airport, with a lovely larger than life picture of Tutter waving!
  17. Miladyelfn

Miladyelfn New Member

I would love to get Bear on DVD-I wonder if they have plans for a set?
  18. Woo-hoo! I love Bear, this is indeed awesome news. In my book Bear is the best children's show since the 1980s. It has qualities reminiscent of "Dumob's Circus", "Under the Umbrella Tree", and wonderful shows like those back in the great '80s. It also has that "PBS" feeling with the intimate setting of the house.

I used to have the Bear album, but discovered lately it's vanished (probably got lost when I moved sometime). I love Luna and Bear and Pip & Pop, and it would be great to see more DVDs and music and other celebratory merchandise!

Really!

It would!

:D
  19. Lelly

Lelly New Member

Please come back, Bear! We miss you out here in flyover country, too!
  20. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I whole-heartedly agree with you. That's probably why I like it the way I do as opposed to most of the newer stuff that is out there today.