1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Bear Costume/Puppet

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by Ventrilotwist, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Ventrilotwist

Ventrilotwist New Member

Does anyone have any info about the costume? Know of any sites where I can see pics? I think I saw half of an episode ONCE and fell in love with Bear. It just amazes me. Seems to be the same concept as Big Bird, but I think because it could be considered life size and more realistic it just so cool to me. I actually like to build a puppet/costume of this type, but need some more practice before I try that. I would just like to see some pics of the mechanics or any secrets anyone can offer. Thanks!
  2. MissterPiggy

MissterPiggy New Member

Bear costume secrets?

Hey there! If you're interested in some info on everyone's favorite Bear, I might be able to help you out. I actually performed as Bear on stage at California Adventure park in California for quite some time. I was working hands on with the costume mechanics and did six shows daily. Any questions??:)
  3. Ventrilotwist

Ventrilotwist New Member

Um...tell me everything you know lol. I love the Bear costume, it's so realistic (as far as those things go lol).
  4. pherzmom

pherzmom New Member

My mom was just wondering out loud how Bear can move his mouth so well. I suggested that the puppeteer's arm might be up over his own head, as with Big Bird, so the mouth is moved with the person's hand.
    Is that right? Is that a question? thanks.
    We LOVE Bear!
  5. Ventrilotwist

Ventrilotwist New Member

Yes that is correct. I figured this was so and if you watch, as with Big Bird, Bear's right arm barely moves. Sorry to spoil it for anyone. Misster Piggy has a lot of info he can divulge if you PM him.
  6. pherzmom

pherzmom New Member

I didn't mean to spoil it for anyone. It isn't a secret how Big Bird works. I think it was on the Sesame Street "Biography" that I first learned it. :) That was a GREAT special!
    (and how funny is it that of AAAAALL the people here, we are both from southern WI ?)
  7. Ventrilotwist

Ventrilotwist New Member

I guess we are. And I only said "spoiling" it because Misster Piggy would only PM me all the info he has (a lot!) so as to not spoil all the magic for anyone, but I think the mouth is pretty obvious if you know Big Bird.