Bear on Patrol for the new muppet show

WiGgY

Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe for the new muppet show instead of trying to do sketches that are like the old ones, why not just bring back some of the old ones? I was thinking that it might be cool for Fozzie to make cheif and have him send Bobo out on the streets. Fozzie is still a major player and Bobo gets to inherit a great sketch! I was also thinking that maybe some other old favorites could be in the new show. I liked the idea of a new Pigs in Space but the way it was done was strange. I think it could be tried again with captain piggy but bring back Dr. Strange Pork and maybe make Link an admiral on the same ship. I know Link doesn't have a new voice but I think someone could pull it off. I think it would be funny to get the same sketch but now Piggy finally makes captain and gets stuck on a ship with admiral Link! :big_grin:

Any other suggesttions?

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
tThat'd be great, both of your ideas! What about VEt's ER, with Piggy, Rowlf and Janice,

Thijs

Reaction score
Yes, great idea, but watch out. Sometimes you should leave great sketches for what they are. Pigs in Space and Vet`s are legendary sketches. It possible can`t get better, so I `d rather say: bring back the characters (Link!!!his voice is not that hard to do), but make new sketches.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That would be good. I can't comment on Bear on Patrol, because I still haven't seen any episodes with that sketch. I was pretty disappointed about the way "Pigs and Space" was set up in MT! I think as somebody mentioned before that Steve Whitemire was going to give Link a line in Muppets From Space, but that got edited out. It would be good to see him back as a regular. Of course Jerry could still be Dr. Strangepork. (Or is he retiring too along with Frank? I had that thought since someone else performed Statler in the Weezer video and Bill Barretta performed Lew Zealand in the Christmas Movie.) Vet's Hospital would work too with new performers preferably: Rowlf: Bill Barretta Miss Piggy: Eric Jacobson Janice: Hmmm. I don't know about Brian Henson. It seems like he didn't get the valley girl accent quite right in the Christmas movie, maybe somebody else could be her. Just my opinions on this.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I agree that Pigs In Space was done poorly in MT, but I think it was too new and lost the whole idea of the sketch. I think it would be hilarious to see Captain Piggy walk on to her new Ship and see Admiral Link sitting in her chair :big_grin: . If they don't do the sketches like Mt then I think it could be done in a fair way. Maybe not as regualr sketches but as special features at first. If they are done well then I would like to see more of them.

I like the idea of a Vets ER. I miss Doctor Bob's dumb jokes and having patients "badly exposed to over acting, or is it overly exposed to bad acting" :wink: Basically we need old characters in new sketches, even if those sketches are the old ones doe in a different way. I think the Pigs in Space Deep dish 9, whatever that thing was, was missing that character connection. Heck, one muppet wasn't even a pig! There was some prune type weird thing. I liked the dumb super computer but why did we need that Princess Vindula (sp?) thing? Basic is funny!

BOP could be re done with no problem I think. It's not as well known and there isn't much you could mess up there. We just need our old beloved characters! Bring them back fr what they are too. Gonzo is great but we can't have him as THE main character for everything. I'm glad Kermit has become the focus again and that Gonzo has taken a step back. On that same note I'm glad Fozzie and Piggy have taken a step forward. MT was missing something and that something was characters we know. It's great to introduce new players, but that doesn't mean having those new players take the place of old ones. I think we all missed Fozzie's "comedy" and Piggy's humor, and Kermit being the one driven crazy behind the scenes. Clifford was ok but Kermit has always been the one running the show.

Where was I going with this post again? I forgot. Oh well. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I can't see why not do a whole movie about Pigs in Space? Plenty to see and do in a film like that. It could be kind of the story that they're in space, what happens on boad the Swinetrek, what is going on at home base, what's gone wrong on the planet to which they're going, and plenty of outer-space battles in which they almost get destroyed but BARELY pull out of that.

Of course, with the characters in their RIGHTFUL positions, ie TMS.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Bear on Patrol

Back to the subject of "Bear on Patrol," I've finally seen an episode with that sketch. It was a little funny, but I think that might be hard to have going on an on. The writers might run out of ideas. But you never know. Again, finding new performers wouldn't be a problem. Steve could be Link and Eric could be Fozzie, but it might be hard to think up new plotlines. Then again, I've only seen the sketch once so I don't know.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think Bobo would make a nice replacement for Fozzie and Fozzie could get a desk job. Maybe if they went the route of some of those newer cop shows, but not total drama. The sketches in TMS weren't so much about the actual premise as they were about the jokes and character interactions. That's what we need more of.

Edit: Also I don't want to see the names of sketches changed if they are redone. I mean Bear on Patrol was short but sweet. I don't want to see Bear on Patrol: NYPD Brown Special Funny Crime Unit, or something crazy like they did with pigs in space.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't want Fozzie in a desk job. Then you're looking at him not getting any air time, because the REAL action doesn't happen at the desk.

Should be like it was: Link at the desk, Fozzie on Patrol, Bobo is his sidekick. THAT I could go for, and it would give someone a chance to work on Link's voice.

BTW,
I was watching the IAVMMCM and that film was SO made for the fans, what with having a shot of Rowlf, Scooter, and Janice all together in it.

I like that movie.

FOZ

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hmmm. That sounds cool. Hey, after we figure this and the Pigs in Space scripts we're working on out, how would you like to be part of a core group for Bear on Patrol, Foz?

Huh? Huh?

Scoot