Bear On Patrol

Lew Zealand

Reaction score
I am not sure if anyone has posted this question before but here it goes.

I very vaguely remember the Muppet Show skit "Bear on Patrol", can anyone give me a bried recap of what it was like. For some reason I seem to remeber Link Hogthrob and Bobo the bear being in it along with Fozzie, in a sort of 'Barney Miller' type set. Does anyone have a video file they could give me a link to so I could actually see one skit if possible? Thanks.
:confused:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, I didn't see that skit until recently when I got my last few videos from Timelife. That was in quite a few episodes. (Ex: James Coburn, Roger Moore, Dale Evans and Roy Rogers, Mac Davis) I don't think Bobo was in it, since he wasn't on "The Muppet Show," unless they did a skit on "Muppets Tonight!" or something like that.

Joggy

Reaction score
"Bear on Patrol" starred Fozzie as the Bear on Patrol and Link Hogthrob as his chief. In every episode, Fozzie would bring a criminal into the police station.

I think you got them mixed up with "Fairyland PD" from Muppets Tonight - those had Clifford and Bobo as cops with fairytale characters as the criminals.

Lew Zealand

Reaction score
Re: Re: Bear On Patrol

Originally posted by Joggy
"Bear on Patrol" starred Fozzie as the Bear on Patrol and Link Hogthrob as his chief. In every episode, Fozzie would bring a criminal into the police station.

I think you got them mixed up with "Fairyland PD" from Muppets Tonight - those had Clifford and Bobo as cops with fairytale characters as the criminals.
Thanks Joggy,

I thought I remembered Link being in it, but I only have a few of the Muppet Shows on DVD so I had no way of checking. The reason I asked is because when Palisades showed the BOP Fozzie, it gave me a bit of a memory spark but only small pieces. Thanks for filling me in. :smile:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a rundown of these "Fairyland PD" sketches, i.e. which episodes, what they were about, what happened in them? They were UK Spots, I'll bet. Heh, did Big Mean Carl ever play the Big Bad Wolf or one of the three bears in one of these?:smile:

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

WiGgY

Reaction score
I didn't even know Clifford appeared in a skit. From the shows I saw he was just the host. This "Fairland PD" sounds intersting, and it sounds like another cheap rip off that the tried to push on us. Does anyone remeber "E-I-E-I-O-R", or "Pigs In Space Deep dish Nine the Next Generation of Pigs in Space"? The first just had Fozzie running around telling bad jokes without any of the timeing he use to have and the PIS one had Piggy as the captain with shipmates that had no personality to them.

In the new show, I'd like to see the "real" PIS broght back with the same characters. I'd also like to see BOP broght back to give Link more skits. Steve can do a pretty good Link, or so I hear, and he works well with Eric. The only change I'd like to see in BOP is the addition of Bobo along with Fozzie.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
A friend of mine and I were talking about how cool a PIS film would be. Maybe it could have a BOP short before it?

I dunno about Bobo being in something with Fozzie; I'd rather Fozzie outshine the other bear, y'know. That, and it might get too goofy otherwise. Link, Fozzie, and Bobo are NOT the brightest Muppets! LOL!!

:embarrassed:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

I dunno about Bobo being in something with Fozzie; I'd rather Fozzie outshine the other bear, y'know. That, and it might get too goofy otherwise. Link, Fozzie, and Bobo are NOT the brightest Muppets! LOL!!

:embarrassed:
Hey! That'd be funny! It could be like Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nonononono...I hated that dumb and dumber stuff.

Now, they're coming out with (ick) a prequel.

Lord.

Help us.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think Bob would make a great addition because he would fit well with them. Also, having bobo would add a new dynamic that you couldn't get otherwise. He would keep the skit from reverting to old TMS jokes. Plus Bobo has security Guard experience. ;D

I just think Bobo deserves to be in some skits instead of being stuck behind stage.